LegacyGT.com

door closing

phuzaxeman

One of the things I like most about my Legacy is how easy the doors close. Not one person I have driven with has even felt compelled to slam the door as they got out either. They are much easier and quieter than even the doors on my Accord. I thought those were good doors compared to my Integra, but the Legacy beats them both hands down.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah all my friends aren't used to framless windows so I try to tell them not to close the doors by pushing on the windows. My dad is jealous of the Legacy's doors. They close much nicer than the clunk the doors on his cars make. He tells me how much he likes the sound of the doors on my car, fairly often. :D

I never noticed if the doors opened or closed differently than any other car....cept my buddies Mercedes. You just have to get them close to closed, and then they pull themselves shut. it's awesome.

moved to interior

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I have an OBXT, but I imagine the doors are similar to the legacy.. I think they require slihgtly more pressure to close than my VW, however, I've gotten used to it and have no problem. One of the first things I really loved though was the feel/sound these doors make when you close them.. It sounds really secure and rather high quality to me. I'm not sure what C&D is talking about in that review of theirs. When I had my WRX, I was so annoyed because those doors really did sound like plastic toys when you closed them. I finally went in and used spray-sound deadener and dynamatted the hell out of them to add weight, and they finally sounded good to me. My OB doors sound that good stock without modification.

Archived