LegacyGT.com

2010 Suzuki Kizashi (even this looks better than the new Legacy IMO)

Not as good as the concept, but the design is more comfortable to look at IMO.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/2010kizashi_official011.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/2010kizashi_official042.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/2010kizashi_official019.jpg

more pix here:

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/2010-suzuki-kizashi/#12

The kizashi is bland. Like bland knockoff of a bland VW kind of bland.

I like coupes and all, but seeing a sedan with a longer front door than rear door, is ODD.

It is still not as ugly as '10 Legacy, which is saying something about both cars.

Yup...scene the new Leggy too....BUTT UGLY. And I've heard it drive terrible...num and nothing like the 2009 or previous models.

But back on topic....I actually really like this car, aside from a few misplaced details.

Of course car styling is always subjective, and just an opinion. And yes, Suzuki isn't that bad....any new car is 10x more reliable than even a toyota, honda, etc. used car. I'm finding more and more the "traditional" reliable cars are not so reliable.

You can certainly see how they are going after the VW Jetta folks with the front styling.

I like coupes and all, but seeing a sedan with a longer front door than rear door, is ODD.

So, most sedans are odd today..

This car looks better than a Hyundai Elantra, but I think the understated looks of a Kia Forte would win me over. Not a bad attempt though, and definitely not a bad looking car.

no...

look again. The front door of the kizashi is visually NOTICEABLE, the side window is much longer than the rear side window.

The front door skin is longer than even the widest part of the rear door.

Most four door cars, if you disregard the rear wheel cutout, the window sills of both the front and rear doors are roughly equal, give or take. much more evenly matched than the Kizashi.

if that's a ruler duel challenge, i accept.

Well, there are no Kizashis around here to measure...

but the front doors look longer than the rear doors to me... I can't be the only one to notice.

The side windows also look somewhat short, but that could just be due to visually thick lower bodywork, low sills, high window sill, and a thick roofline...

I actually have to agree with ShrinerMonkey on this one... for the first time in several threads today...

A lot of new cars today seem to think that rounded and non-sharp = stylish.

The only thing I see from the concept are the exhaust cutouts. That car looks like a knockoff VW Jetta. The JDM 2010 LGT looks better. It looks better than that crap that's here for that matter. Come on US auto consumers. Are we going to continue to tolerate garbage like this??:confused:
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

that's called aerodynamics

I dunno.... some of my favorite cars are angular, and pretty aerodynamic...

Like Ferrari 288 GTO, Lotus esprit, Maserati Bora/Merak... Those are pretty aerodynamic without looking like a suppository.

Not to say that a car can't have curves... but a lot of new designs look like they were modeled on melted marshmallow.

And times change, people and fashion move on.....old cars are just that....old...and the 80s weren't exactly a great time in Automotive history.....including the 288GTO, and Lotus Espirit (the Epic Fail of a sports car, only second to the DeLorean).

Other than tall people not fitting in the car's cabin (but then neither fitting in the Countach's either)... the Espirit was a bit of a giant-killer. When most were using V8s and V12s, Espirit got consideration with a turbo 4, and eventually a bespoke twin turbo V8 that was a real piece of engineering.

An expectation of pure reliability, especially in hand-built specials, didn't exist until very recently... you have to have context when looking at the past.

The 288 GTO and Porsche 959 homologation cars (for group B, which never materialized...) were works of automotive art, and are still very amazing machines today. They are also from a time when automotive technology (fuel injection, turbocharging, etc..) was really starting to turn, but yet cars were still built by hand, rather than by computer. A nice cross-roads in history.

DeLorean was a whole other matter. A HEAVY car made out of stainless, on a GM X-frame, with a bit of a dog of a Volvo motor because that is all that John Z. could get after being somewhat black-listed by GM... There were some issues with that car's development process.

Old cars aren't just old... some of them are classics. Even DeLoreans.

The question is... what is going to become a classic in the future, from 1990-2010... SUVs, after the demise of most of the performance coupes in the late 90s?

This Kizashi sure isn't going to be.

Guest heightsgtltd
Agreed that something was lost in the translation from the two concept versions, but it's a much more cohesive and correctly proportioned design vs. the 2010 Legacy

• 2 months later...

Bottom Line: The name is strange, but the ride/handling balance is dead-on. The attractive Kizashi picks up the ball dropped by the Acura TSX and Subaru Legacy.

But for those willing to track down a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi, this is a chance to own a right-size sedan that drives like the TSX and Legacy once did. If the Kizashi can find some buyers, it could change the fortunes of a small-time Japanese player that until now hasn't had the right kind of four-wheeled product for America.

REVIEW from Edmunds

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=159086?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1&mktcat=enabler&AID=10364102&PID=3323800&kw=N&synpartner=edmunds&mktid=cj260233

I dunno.... some of my favorite cars are angular, and pretty aerodynamic...

Like Ferrari 288 GTO, Lotus esprit, Maserati Bora/Merak... Those are pretty aerodynamic without looking like a suppository.

Not to say that a car can't have curves... but a lot of new designs look like they were modeled on melted marshmallow.

2 door low slung coupes as all your examples of proper aerodynamics when we're talking about current sedan aerodynamic design trends?

And if you are going to use the 4 door coupe cars (Passat CC, Mercedes CLS) as examples of the more angular designs you prefer, ive sat in the rear of both of those, the headroom sucks and takes away from the comfort of a sedan.

Or maybe you want the angular designs of an AM Lagonda

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/aston_martin_lagonda.jpg

I like modern curvy designs myself. Angular designs look good in retro cars but don't seem like efficient designs.

Archived