LegacyGT.com

Heavily Modded 07 Spec B

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a double din HVAC and Pioneer HU recently thanks too 12sechatch. Also ordered some front and rear Polk components, Kenwood 5 channel amp, and a 1.2 farad cap. Going to get a subwoofer too but will be doing a custom setup in the trunk so not sure what size to get yet. Going to do get some interior pieces carbon and flat black wrapped as well so everything matches.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/SubyStud555/CIMG1609_zps6bb27abd.jpg

have you thought about going toa smaller front mount? it looks like there is allot of intercooler that is hidden behinde the bumper cover that your turbo has to compress that isnt doing you any good, pleas correct me if I'm wrong but that could help reduce boost lag?

have you thought about going toa smaller front mount? it looks like there is allot of intercooler that is hidden behinde the bumper cover that your turbo has to compress that isnt doing you any good, pleas correct me if I'm wrong but that could help reduce boost lag?

I have no idea but maybe some day I will get a bumper with a bigger opening instead of a smaller intercooler.

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice car man!! Two questions for you. Why didnt you wrap the DP and how many mile do you have on such a clean car?

Thanks man and I have never thought about wrapping the downpipe, does it make any difference? I just hit 60,000 miles.

Where did u find that rear perrin sway bar ?? I've been looking for weeks am can't seem to find rear one just two different front options and i alrdy have a front so would be nice to have a perrin in the back

Where did u find that rear perrin sway bar ?? I've been looking for weeks am can't seem to find rear one just two different front options and i alrdy have a front so would be nice to have a perrin in the back

I bought it from Perrin at Subiefest 2 back in 2007. I don't think they make a rear one anymore so you will have to keep watching for a used one to show up in the for sale threads.

Saw this today. Very clean and good looking car. Hadn't realized you did all the cucso bits underneath. All set for a track session :-) I know we talked about that, but jeez, that kind of suspension mod needs to be wrung out on track.

Hearing all your track stories today brought back lots of good memories of my track days in Japan. During my drive home today I felt a desire to track my car and haven't felt that since my last track day 6 years ago. I will check the schedule at the Ridge and let you know, then all I need to do is buy a helmet and I will be ready.

Hearing all your track stories today brought back lots of good memories of my track days in Japan. During my drive home today I felt a desire to track my car and haven't felt that since my last track day 6 years ago. I will check the schedule at the Ridge and let you know, then all I need to do is buy a helmet and I will be ready.

I have an HJC that's 2010 snell rated (good for several years). It's a small or medium (can't remember), black rubber coating, and a small scrape on the lower left side. It's not legal for racing, but should fine for lapping days. PM if you want to try it.

Turn 2 has a ridge day on May 4. And they are going to ORP this coming weekend. Porsche club will be at Ridge on May 3, too.

I have an HJC that's 2010 snell rated (good for several years). It's a small or medium (can't remember), black rubber coating, and a small scrape on the lower left side. It's not legal for racing, but should fine for lapping days. PM if you want to try it.

Turn 2 has a ridge day on May 4. And they are going to ORP this coming weekend. Porsche club will be at Ridge on May 3, too.

I wear a size large helmet so yours might be to small. I still have the helmet I used in Japan but its a motorcycle helmet, will it be ok for lapping days? May 3rd is my b-day and the wife already made plans for that weekend so it will have to be after that. When is the next track you are planning on doing?

most clubs require a snell 2005 helmet or higher. M2005 will depend on the club. Porsche only allows SA2005+ or K2005+. All clubs/Turn2 offers rentals (be sure to note it on the registration).

Weekend following, I'll be racing at Pacific (May 11). There is a HPDE /lapping day scheduled for May 10 (Friday). My intent is to attend that one, too. I dont yet have the details on the HPDE day, but I think its thru the IRDC club. May 10 IRDC is for fully-prepped race cars...so Chump, but not street driven Spec B's.

Looks like the next weekend: May 17(Fri) will be Turn 2 at Ridge and May 18-19 at Bremerton with Audi Club (autox practice or driver skils on Sat, and HPDE on Sun); will be the best option. The Audi Club weekend is a good time (last year, I did 43 runs on the AutoX course).

most clubs require a snell 2005 helmet or higher. M2005 will depend on the club. Porsche only allows SA2005+ or K2005+. All clubs/Turn2 offers rentals (be sure to note it on the registration).

Weekend following, I'll be racing at Pacific (May 11). There is a HPDE /lapping day scheduled for May 10 (Friday). My intent is to attend that one, too. I dont yet have the details on the HPDE day, but I think its thru the IRDC club. May 10 IRDC is for fully-prepped race cars...so Chump, but not street driven Spec B's.

Looks like the next weekend: May 17(Fri) will be Turn 2 at Ridge and May 18-19 at Bremerton with Audi Club (autox practice or driver skils on Sat, and HPDE on Sun); will be the best option. The Audi Club weekend is a good time (last year, I did 43 runs on the AutoX course).

I have heard a lot of great things about the Ridge and want to try out that track so when do you think would be the best day for taking it easy and getting a good feel for the course?

^^^ nice car. I like the garages at the track. Supposedly, those are coming to the ridge.

For Ridge days, you're best bet is with a club. Porsche club runs a really good program. The BMW club shares instructors with Porsche, except they have less days. Audi has their own instructors, tho, I don't know when they will have another Ridge day. If you're going to join one club, join Audi. It gets you into the Porsche club events.

Proformance and Hooked on Driving (HOD) run classes/lapping at the Ridge. Having not been with either at the Ridge, I won't comment.

There is a Porsche day coming up on May 3 - https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/A389B78D-A901-D7E4-88A30AF3FC386A77

And another one on May 22 - https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/A3C65346-BC9E-6EDA-E572B730C7451382

The Turn 2 Lapping days require you to have been signed off solo by a local club before coming to your first event. However, if you have a "lapping" resume that is verifiable, call Turn 2 and see what they say.

Regardless, if you are interested in lapping/track/race events (not chump), you'll need a free motorsportreg.com account. Its free to sign up and becomes your online resume of driving events as you go along.

The Marque clubs will require a tech inspection before you go on track. Outback Auto or any other shop should be able to do this as part of a "21-point" inspection.

Did a photo shoot with Zwingfilms and if your in the Northwest and want some nice pictures of your car go see this guy he does some amazing work.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/SubyStud555/image-2_zpsd8d93e70.jpg

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/SubyStud555/image-2_zps710f68f0.jpg

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/SubyStud555/image-2_zps530b788b.jpg

Archived