LegacyGT.com

Potluck suggestions

TrueWhiteBoy

BBQ pulled pork?

-Take one pork shoulder (no bone and with as much fat trimmed as possible)

-Throw it in a crockpot with your favorite bbq (or make your own)

-Let it cook overnight

-In the morning remove the pork from the pot and pull it apart with two forks

-Put it back in for a few more hours so it really liquefies

-Serve on bulkie rolls with cheese

BBQ pulled pork?

-Take one pork shoulder (no bone and with as much fat trimmed as possible)

-Throw it in a crockpot with your favorite bbq (or make your own)

-Let it cook overnight

-In the morning remove the pork from the pot and pull it apart with two forks

-Put it back in for a few more hours so it really liquefies

-Serve on bulkie rolls with cheese

+1

Basically you can buy the cheapest cut of boneless pork; do not buy an expensive cut, some people recommend tenderloin, which is pointless. I love Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. I top my sandwiches with coleslaw. :wub:

Potluck is fun but alot of times you end up with a ton of chili :lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1

Basically you can buy the cheapest cut of boneless pork; do not buy an expensive cut, some people recommend tenderloin, which is pointless. I love Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. I top my sandwiches with coleslaw. :wub:

Or do the same thing with a cut of beef, like a roast.

I work at an IT firm with lots of guys from India so most of our food is either vegetarian or curry. This recipe always goes over real well...

1. Buy about 10 (don't know how much you want to bring) or so plum tomatoes, the longer the better. Wash, cut out the end green piece, cut in half and scoop out the insides into a separate bowl. Use that to make some tomato sauce for your next meal or something.

2. Buy a stick of Swiss cheese, grate it finely into a bowl.

3. Hardboil about half a dozen to a dozen eggs. Crush them with all your might. You should have 50/50 proportion of eggs to cheese. Mix it together. Add tablespoon of salt, little bit of pepper, couple links of garlic and a couple tablespoons of real mayo. Mix it all well.

4. Stick the mixing inside the tomatoes. Garnish the top with some parsley and little bit of paprika.

It's cheap and doesn't take long at all. It's a Russian dish that should surprise some coworkers. Enjoy.

Serves about 8 as a main entree; wife's favorite crock recipe:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup

1 onion, finely diced

2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

Cover, and cook for 6 hours on low. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Ahi Poke...you get some WoW factor too

ahi

cucumber

avacado

sesame oil

sesame seeds (toasted)

soy sauce (to taste)

a squeeze of fresh lemon juice

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

What bbq did you use? My first time making this recipe I tried making a honey bourbon bbq sauce for it and it came out so good I make it in quart-sized batches now (the sauce that is).

I picked up 6 lbs of pork shoulder :)

Stater Brothers had 2 containers of bbq sauce for $3 so I picked up a Spicy and a Sweet & Sticky

I used most of both when cooking it originally, and then after pulling the meat I added the rest of it and mixed it.

• 4 months later...

Archived