LegacyGT.com

Confirmed - 2k6 WRX to have 2.5L

Hey but wait...that can't be true. There's no mention of the 6-speed Legacy on that sheet! :lol:

Seriously, it makes sense for Subaru to have only one turbocharged engine. It brings economies of scale and production that are very beneficial to a small manufacturer such as Fuji Heavy.

Even if the WRX has as much power as the Legacy, they will still be different cars, marketed to different demographics, depite the crossover within the enthusiast community. I, for one, would never drive an Impreza (any longer), irrespective of its performance. Others will be trading in Legacy GTs for WRXes.

Kevin

Have the WRC rules changed??

That's a good question. On the other hand, in the past, homologation rules have been circumvented by a manufacturer creating a limited-run "production" model that takes advantage of the World Rally car's design and engine regulations, and making enough of them for it to qualify as an actual production car.

Kevin

WRC rules have nothing to do with the engine used here in the states really. I don't doubt an 06 wrx with a 2.5L as its been talked about a lot by exec's I know. Though where it lists Baja for 06 seems to be completely 100% opposite of everything I've been told.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Archived