LegacyGT.com

OZ Superleggera III Big discount

boostsr20

Yes. Because of the three piece design, the distribution of the weight on the wheel can be controlled with the materials used, mostly negating any increase in static weight. Plus, the added benefit of being able to rebuild the wheel if damaged is a plus.

Honestly? I had 16.5lb Volks on the car and now have heavier Prodrive P1's. I don't notice the difference in weight between the two. I do notice the better ride comfort of the P1's since they have less agressive tires mounted.

Yes. Because of the three piece design, the distribution of the weight on the wheel can be controlled with the materials used, mostly negating any increase in static weight.

Changing unsprung weight can have a big impact on how the suspension works, especially over rough surfaces. This is true if the weight is on the outer edge of the rim or if it is centered on the hub. When going between wheel/tire setups of different weights on my WRX I noticed the changes in how the suspension reacted to bumps much more than I noticed the change in acceleration.

Sure. In my case, the heavier wheel/tire combo is more comfortable. The lighter combo was too harsh....the opposite of what one would expect. I chalk that up to the sidewall stffnness of the tire (Kumho ASX vs Bridgestone S0-3s).

Sure. In my case, the heavier wheel/tire combo is more comfortable. The lighter combo was too harsh....the opposite of what one would expect. I chalk that up to the sidewall stffnness of the tire (Kumho ASX vs Bridgestone S0-3s).

So your running the ASX now? How do you like them? Are they noisy under normal conditions and do they squeel when being pushed?

Yeah, the OZ's are already sold out. I was going to place my order today too :(

ASX handle great in dry and wet condition. No noise at all when pushed and quiet on the road. I would say a homerun except they don't do so well in the snow (about the same as RE-92's).

I live in West Michigan so I think I am going with something for summer then some true snow tires.

Good idea. I did this on with my WRX and was very happy with it. And I'll be doing it on the Legacy once I decide on which wheels I want.

I had winter tires on my last car and loved them. Even though it made 225whp 250wtq to the front wheels on a 2400lb car the Hankooks held up GREAT! Cornering stability and braking were phenominal.

One thing I am curious about, is how well winter tires work with ABS. I'd imagine braking is improved, but it seemed like in my other car, the tires really did most of their work when the brakes were locked up. Anyone have some insight on this?

18 x 7 is kind of a weird size, so your options for selecting tires might be limited..

I don't think 18x7 is a wierd size at all... I ran that size wheel on my last car for 6 years. Never had problems getting tires.

Archived