LegacyGT.com

all you socal people

vkchu

im taking a quick trip out to the la area for a mini vacation (1wk). a few friends who grew up in california-land gave me a bunch of suggestions on what to eat/see/do, but i figure id put this out to fellow lgt ppl and see what their favorite places are?

ive been to la once back in 06. im an nyc guy, but im flying out w/ a friend thats never been to ca, and another that is moving out there for grad school so we've no set itinerary. just going on what we've heard.

i guess the best way to look at this is if you were hosting family/friends from out of town that had never been to ca, where would you take them?

also, any motorsport/sporting/major events going on that im not aware of?

thanks all.

jul 29-aug 5.

mostly la (palms area, near ucla). we're also thinking of doing a drive to san diego and vegas.

just saw the wrx games-ill see if we can drop by there.

Go to the beach. We've got plenty...you pick which one. Since you'll be staying near the 405 and the 10 you should probably go hit up Santa Monica beach and Venice beach first. You can drive up to Malibu along PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) if you've got time.

Also check to see if either the Angels or Dodgers are in town during that week. Enjoy!

If you like Prime Rib definitely try Lawry's in La Cienega. Its pricey but worth it. I haven't been for a few years, I should really make a trip out there.

There's a Lawry in Dallas, LV, & Chicago as well.

Been to the LV/Chicago/LA locations ... all the bomb. Cream of Corn is awesome.

really good Prime Rib, but no actual steaks .... Porter house Bistro ... cant beat them for the price/taste.

Archived