LegacyGT.com

buying a used 2005 lgt

krishary

Hi everyone!

I'm buying a 2005 lgt tomorrow and although it has remaining 22k miles warranty ( 6year/100k extended warranty) I'm still a bit worried.

I havent seen the car yet but here are a few things i know.

Turbo replaced (under warranty) i don't remember when 40-60k miles, clutch replaced at 66k (not under warranty - it was 900$).

Also the window get's stuck sometimes (guy said one out of eight times you have to press it a few times or something like that), he said i can get it done because the warranty covers that.

So is the turbo and clutch something i should worry about? does new turbo = crazy 1st owner ? (i'll be the 3rd and the 3nd owner seems to be a normal 39yo guy (not drag racer ;) ).

The price is really good and I always dreamt about this car but never could afford it until now.

What should i look out for when buying ? Should i be picky (there are other buyers waiting in line so if i don't buy others will fast).

Or should i just relax and if anything goes wrong i do have a full warranty.

Now it's too late to change my mind but my logic is that since I just has a son and always dreamt about an sti, getting a legacy as a reliable family sedan and something fun to drive is reasonable. Is it ?

I think the answers i'm looking for is something like:

"check out this thread ....."

"watch out for a noise when shifing from 2nd to 3rd ..."

etc.

I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks !

Factory replaced turbo? Not a deal breaker for me.

I need a new clutch and I only have 36K miles on my 05 wagon.

Having about a year left of factory warranty is a great bonus.

How much are you paying is the big question.

Factory replaced turbo? Not a deal breaker for me.

Yes factory replaced.

I need a new clutch and I only have 36K miles on my 05 wagon.

thats comforting :) it's just that i have a 91 mazda protege (1.8L n/a) with 180k miles and no new clutch ;) so i'm surprised that a lgt might need one so fast (power difference?)

Having about a year left of factory warranty is a great bonus.

yeah tell me about it otherwise i'd really be skeptical...

How much are you paying is the big question.

$11,750 so a lot below kbb fully loaded no navi

Thanks for the info!

Also a friend told be that i moght want to look out for some car shake when the car starts to accelerate from 0 and that that might be a sign of differential problems is that true ? is it something i will know how to feel coming from a much older car and a toyota avaon thats perfectly smooth ?

thanks !

Archived