LegacyGT.com

OEM STI BBS rims redrilled...

JeffK1320

I was poking around NASIOC and came across this for sale thread. For $200 a company is New Jersey will redrill rims to 5x100. If this is true then we can start buying all factory '05-'09 STI BBS rims. Since the '04s are soooo hard to come across. That also means forged 17x8 and more.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1807453

USA Wheel, Fairfield, NJ

usawheels.net

I'm at work and there site is block so I can't confirm this.

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

Why not just have your rotors redrilled to 5x114 and then have the shop fill the old 5x100 holes? You can even use extended studs if you want to.

And how would that help? :lol:

And how would that help? :lol:

:confused: OP wanted to buy 5x114 rims because they are more readily available so instead of re-drilling the rims to 5x100 (which might compromise structural integrity of rims), just redrill the rotors to 5x114.

:confused: OP wanted to buy 5x114 rims because they are more readily available so instead of re-drilling the rims to 5x100 (which might compromise structural integrity of rims), just redrill the rotors to 5x114.

Wheels are mounted to hubs, not rotors. :spin:

Well, called a local expert I know and he recomends staying away from the wheel redrill. He said that the holes would have to be filled and then redrilled, and this will never be as strong as the original wheel. They are a trusted wheel repair shop (had them do one of my truck's wheels) so I believe they know what they are talking about. Disappointing as being able to redrill would really open up allot of opportunities for us.

Maybe im alone here but wouldnt re-drilling wheels not meant for dual patterns have some kind of impact on the structural integrity of the wheel itself?

Yes, that's why it's a bad idea.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

well, 08 sti rear bearings bolt in like legacy rear bearings, but I expect the bearing itself is different along with the hub and axle spline count like it is on the older sti. Even 04 sti rear bearings and hubs different from other 5x100 cars. I also doubt there is enough room on the 5x100 rear hubs to re-drill to 5x114.3

Up front you can just swap on 5x114 uprights and hubs etc.

Archived