LegacyGT.com

Where have all the parts gone?

I was thinking about treating myself to a set of sway bars and some suspension goodies for my birthday. I had been hunting around earlier this spring to get pricing and reviews.

It seems that many of the parts (manufacturer un-named) that I was looking at are no longer offered. I realize that this body style (05-09) is being phased out, but I find it tough to believe that the aftermarket is going to totally fall out on this car.

Hey you can not make such blanket assumptions about age. I am in the process of purchasing the first 2010 Legacy GT being delivered to Suby dealership near me. I am well over 50.

For some of us this is the first time in our lifes that we had funds available to put into a car, other things had to come first, house payments, college payments for the kids, etc.

Even before I get the Legacy a short shifter and turbo gauge is in the works so that I can roll the costs into the base price of car.

In not too many years I will be the 60 year old with a huge grin on my face as I am bombing down road the 6 speed shifter in my hand and with the turbo purring in my ears.

Rick

In not too many years I will be the 60 year old with a huge grin on my face as I am bombing down road the 6 speed shifter in my hand and with the turbo purring in my ears.

Rick

Make sure you remember to shift from 1st gear. :lol::lol:

Sorry, just kidding. It was way too wide open for me to let go. I remember when one of my friends got his first manual car. He said the same thing. Long story short, he went ripping down the roads on first gear while smiling ear to ear and hearing his turbo. LOL! But he was at 5K RPM and going 40 mph.

That is real good, I left myself open for that.

This will be my second Rex, the first which is going to my son is a 2002 WRX wagon purchased in Sept 2001.

I just love manual transmissions even when driving in Houston traffic. When I have to drive an auto I just get too bored.

Actually three of the four cars that we own are manuals, I just don't want to smell the clutch burning like I did a few weeks ago driving some gravel roads in the Hill country.

Rick

It's not a smart business move to stop producing parts for a car that's just now getting into the heart of its modding popularity. Like others have said, I've been paying for this thing for nearly 5 years. It'll soon be mine 100% and it has a whopping 17k on the odometer. If you think I've modded it now, just wait till I don't owe on it anymore!

Others are buying their first LGT used, and the lower price also means more cash available for mods. Subaru isn't like Mercedes, where if you can afford the car you can probably afford to mod it to the hilt at the same time.

Besides, except for suspension parts, damn near everything on the LGT is compatible with newer Subarus (esp. the WRX) so why bail now?

... In not too many years I will be the 60 year old with a huge grin on my face as I am bombing down road the 6 speed shifter in my hand and with the turbo purring in my ears.

Rick

and your left turn signal has been blinking for the last 15 miles.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Archived