LegacyGT.com

Spec B wheels & tires on a regular LGT please help

I have called my dealer, to change the rims size form 17 >18 via Subaru Select Monitor.

They don’t seem to know what they are doing.:mad: Are there any instructions that Subaru published?

I have the Spec.B wheels already; I don’t want to mess up my mileage. They have stock tires on them{ Potenza RE-050A tires}

I want to keep my speedometer accurate. The reason to have the dealer change the rim size with the Select Monitor.

Please post comments on ride quality on Spec B wheels verse stock GT & Pictures of members that have completed.

Location S Florida 2005 Legacy GT

Please Help..

I have the Spec.B wheels already; I don’t want to mess up my mileage.

So your question is what size tires do you need to keep the mileage equal?

Tirerack.com

2005 LGT OEM = 215/45/17

If you want 18's they say = 225/40/18

I will make it easy for you. Just put the wheels on the car and you will be fine. Make sure the tires are good and all the same. You should not worry. I was going to do spec b wheel on my 08 and I have a 2.5I, you will be OK. do not fear the all mighty SPEC B wheels ahahah.

I don't think the Spec.B wheels will net you better mileage, I do know they will make yoo teH fasterer!!

I think the issue is that a change in tire size could effect the dashboards readings. RPMs, MPH and Odometer readings change when you change the overall diameter of the wheels.

yeah they can adj the ecu to change to the larger 18" size wheel but who cares. the bigger the wheel the less milage. your speedo will barely be off. my 235/40 18s are a good inch over my stock 215/45 17s and its barely noticable. when i sell the car it will have a couple 1000 less miles on it as well. ahahahaah. this is of course over 5-8 yrs of ownership though. oh yeah you can ride 2nd gear out longer as well. comes in handy for auto-x

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

use one of the umpteen upsize/downsize calculators found on google - get the rubber to match the height and width of your 17" setup - and no ECU/speedo/tach adjustments needed. this is the easiest way to deal with it.

^ + 1 to this but it looks like he already has the oem tires on the wheels he got.

As a side note.. The spec b wheels (08/09 at least) are really heavy. Not sure what you have on it now, but heavy wheels suck. You lose acceleration performance, braking performance and handling..

I will make it easy for you. Just put the wheels on the car and you will be fine. Make sure the tires are good and all the same. You should not worry. I was going to do spec b wheel on my 08 and I have a 2.5I, you will be OK. do not fear the all mighty SPEC B wheels ahahah.

Haha, they are rather hefty though! :spin:

Archived