LegacyGT.com

Tool help - Bought something stupid

Hey all,

Having never had a car I needed to grease before, I bought a grease gun to service the zerk fittings on my sway bars.

Of course, I bought a damn grease gun with a solid metal extension instead of a flexible hose.

So, being brilliant, I have about 5 minutes before my wife and i have to go somewhere and I figure I'll just pop under my car and grease the rear sway bars.

Only to see that the muffler cans are definitely in the way of doing any such thing with a 6" metal extension off my grease gun.

So my question is: Does anyone know a screw-in flexible hose extension to a grease gun? (also called a whip extension with a male end)

I'm thinking it's identical to this: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200025274_200025274

If anyone knows for certain of a local store that carries these (pepboys/sears/etc.), let me know. Otherwise, I'll just order it online somewhere and piss myself off even more.

Hopefully this thread helps someone else from making this stupid mistake :)

Joe

Joe, if you have an AdvancedAutoParts in your neck of the woods they generally carry the flex hose adapter that fits most guns. Give em a call.

lizard

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

You can get a flexible hose to replace the solid metal tube just about anywhere they sell tools.

Alright...I didn't want to wander around to 5 stores in the hope of finding the one that sells em....FYI, Pep Boys (where I bought the grease gun for about $12....and it's actually pretty decent quality), didn't have one any parts or accessories to the grease gun. Besides grease.

Archived