RESCUE/FIRE Legacy GT First Responder.

SpawnGT

On long island NY:

Blue= FD

Green= Rescue/EMS

RED= PD

Yellow= Mall Security

Thats very interesting. In Hawaii Blue=PD and Red=FD/EMS

We don't even have green, unless you count the UH campus security.

I must say your car is very sick.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NO WAY!!!!! I thought I was the only person with a LGT getting lit up! I'm in Jersey and a part of a volunteer F.D. and separate volunteer EMS. By law we can only have one blue light (psh yeah right). I'm waiting for my blue light permit to come in so I can start ordering all the nice goodies. The way you have it set up is pretty much how I am doing mine. I ordered two Whelen Slim Misers that would run on top of the interior windshield. And I plan on buying 2 TIR3's for the small side windows, two mini phantoms for the back, and a couple grille lights. Your car looks sick!!!! Add an airhorn/PA system to that =)

NO WAY!!!!! I thought I was the only person with a LGT getting lit up! I'm in Jersey and a part of a volunteer F.D. and separate volunteer EMS. By law we can only have one blue light (psh yeah right). I'm waiting for my blue light permit to come in so I can start ordering all the nice goodies. The way you have it set up is pretty much how I am doing mine. I ordered two Whelen Slim Misers that would run on top of the interior windshield. And I plan on buying 2 TIR3's for the small side windows, two mini phantoms for the back, and a couple grille lights. Your car looks sick!!!! Add an airhorn/PA system to that =)

start your own thread when you're done wiring! :)

or this may become the First Reponder LGT thread....what say you OP?

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Shout out to the Gargen State!

Watch for me up & down the GSP (135-117) & Tpke (11 to 4) daily in my OBP LGT daily - tags= "DRIVEN"... (and it is, baby... 100k in 2 yrs, trouble free, knock on my head)

start your own thread when you're done wiring! :)

or this may become the First Reponder LGT thread....what say you OP?

Im down for a thread about First Responder LGT's...if a moderator wants to change up the title please go ahead and do so.

that could possibly be the gayest thing I have ever seen.

I used to be a vol FF and my fam is all big into the community service thing. But I always hated when ppl would put a million lights on their cars thinking that it was cool.

To each his own i suppose

that could possibly be the gayest thing I have ever seen.

I used to be a vol FF and my fam is all big into the community service thing. But I always hated when ppl would put a million lights on their cars thinking that it was cool.

To each his own i suppose

Someone is jealous that he did not think of the idea first :p:lol::lol:

No sirens. Sirens are not allowed to be on POV responder vehicles.

In the case where they ask for manpower for lifting a patient then i can respond to the call. Or in the case where a call is really close to where i am and the ability arises for me to respond to the scene first before the ambulance arrives then i can administer care and stabilize a patient until the ambulance arrives. Or in the case where they need a crewleader the ambulance will leave the base and meet me at the scene and then ill run the call.

Do you have any pictures of the interior and how you have it wired up? When did you mount the control unit? And finally how did you wire up/attach the lights in the rear quarter windows?

nice setup spawn...im about to wack out my dgm lgt - FD/RESCUE are all red here in MA. im planning on a similar setup - pics to follow (over the course of the next few weeks).

i assume these are all hardwired and not separate 'lighter' switches? whats your switch panel look like inside?

Supposedly the New Britian CT PD has a 07 Spec B unmarked for all the racing that goes down on the New Britian Turnpike. Haven't seen it but heard it from another subie forum.

:orly:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I finally got my permit. My friend and I wired some lights to the top of my windshield and it looks great so far. I will probably add more as time goes by. And if anyone asks "why does your car look like a UFO driving down the street"... simple answer, PEOPLE DON'T MOVE!!!

In many circles, this car would be considered a whacker. But I think the OP said he works for the Fire Department or Police. I hope so anyway, and not someone just trying to look important. Also, the reminder that all colors other than amber are illegal to have, use, equip a vehicle with lights unless it's a government vehicle or licensed, and many states heavily regulate the usage of amber lights.

I would not be surprised if a US standard for lights is implemented along with all other inter-operability changes.

Never heard of the terminology of wacker. But i work for an EMS squad. or a rescue squad as it is known and am fully and legally allowed to have the lights in my car.

Any photos of the control unit? and Window mountings?

• 4 years later...

I'm playing with idea of adding strobes as an option to the TapTurn flasher I make. This would give you strobes on the flasher bulbs, when using the hazard switch. TapTurn has a wigwag mode for the hazards that you can use while driving... See the videos and thread of this discussion over here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/led-signal-flasher-built-tap-turn-triple-blink-convenience-187325p13.html

Archived