LegacyGT.com

RESCUE/FIRE Legacy GT First Responder.

SpawnGT

Its been a while since i said i would post a video of my car. Here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zBOtoBj6-0]YouTube - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT EMS first responder Vehicle.[/ame]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sirens. Sirens are not allowed to be on POV responder vehicles.

that does look awesome

but wait, so you take your personal vehicle for response calls? how does that work?

In the case where they ask for manpower for lifting a patient then i can respond to the call. Or in the case where a call is really close to where i am and the ability arises for me to respond to the scene first before the ambulance arrives then i can administer care and stabilize a patient until the ambulance arrives. Or in the case where they need a crewleader the ambulance will leave the base and meet me at the scene and then ill run the call.

couple things:

1. you're idling too long, see: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116552 :lol:

2. maaannnn, get that moth off your hood, and clean that bird pooo off your back window! :lol:

3. now that the serious stuff is out of the way :lol: , WELL DONE SIR! looks good.

Now, I'm wondering, in the instances of the windshield and back window, when you're in the car, do the lights reflect up the glass and create visionary obstructions since they're not hooded or enclosed to the glass?

Did you think about the strobes placed in head & tail lamp housings? Or is there NY-DOT restrictions on where the 1st responder lights can be for visibility/legality?

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

It's always interesting to see the colors people run in different areas. I was surprised to see that NYC volunteer firefighters run all blue lights.

I thought most places were standardizing red = fire / ambulance and blue or blue/red = police. The fire volunteers here use red lights.

It's amazing how many lighting options are available, especially in LED. You can spend a lot of money once you start browsing the various websites.

speaking of running different colors....green here in NH is usually used for mall security :lol:
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Well let me clear some stuff up so i dont give my self a bad rep. Im only rescue. In Huntington, NY as well as a few other towns in Suffolk county, and im saying a few as in maximum 3 other towns they have a seperation between fire and rescue. Huntington has there own Rescue/Ambulance Core, and there own three seperate Fire Cores. The ambulance cores mean green lights, if i belonged to a town where Fire and Rescue were from the same core then i would be allowed to have blue lights, but since im only EMS its green for my legacy.

you never answered my question concerning the reflection off the glass or potential DOT regs saying where the lights HAVE to go.

you never answered my question concerning the reflection off the glass or potential DOT regs saying where the lights HAVE to go.

My bad GATOR, im responding from my cell phone and sometimes it skips replies.

Reflection off the glass?

The reflection off the glass in the back window is minimal since they are pressed almost entirely against the window and the only reflection is from the opening towards the middle of the car. it doesn't bother me at all. When im driving the point of the rear lights is not to avoid anything but in the other hand its so that when i pass someone and i'm accelerating really quickly it might not give them the chance to see why i flew by them but when they look in my rear window it shows them that i wasn't trying to be a complete ASS and was going somewhere for a purpose.

DOT REGS where the lights have to go?

Regarding the DOT regs, which i have read many many times becuase of a close friend's/member's troubles with the law (because he is an asshole on the road + Lights + IQ of a ziplock bag = TROUBLE TO THE EXTREME.) say that the lights in a POV car can only come from one power source. therefore if you have one light with one ciggerette lighter then they are coming from one power source....the way i have it wired is via 4 switches (Back-L, Back-R, Sides, Both Fronts on One). Those 4 switches are hard wired really deep below my dash and they are wired to one PRIMARY ciggerette lighter with a switch on it which is hidden in the arm rest...so the Primary cig. lighter switch is on all the time...and is the one power source. PLacement of the lights really is a grey cloud area becuase you are only supposed to have one forward facing light source but that doesnt mean you cant have 8 or even 12 LED blocks in that one power source.

The next really issue is whether you have legal abilities to have those lights which i do according to my organization/core. Furthermore if the cops know who you are, what you are doing, and you are not a dick they wont have a single issue with it in my area, as long as you are not my one friend.

Gotcha. Sorry that you have to deal with your friend. :lol:

Well, my question regarding the reflection was aimed more at if you're looking in the rear view (not side view) mirror occassionaly just as a precautionary measure for driving as you're zipping down the road, let's say, to avoid the cop coming up behind you who's going to the same scene, but isn't satisfied staying behind you.

And in regards to that center LED block in your windshield, that doesn't hinder with flashes in your line of sight?

Thanks for answering!

Neat, here in MD...

Red and white = Emergency vehicle such as ambulance or firetruck

Blue strobes = Firearm is kept in car or on officer, police use red and blue, also yellow to guide traffic.

Yellow = Tow truck or security

No greens at all out here.

Please tell me that picture is a real unmarked lgt police car, if it is I need to see more pictures because that is one of the coolest things ive ever seen.

:lol: well, it's...an...unmarked...police...car...really no different than a stock 06 LGT. That picture gives you a pretty good indication of where the lights are.

Gotcha. Sorry that you have to deal with your friend. :lol:

Well, my question regarding the reflection was aimed more at if you're looking in the rear view (not side view) mirror occassionaly just as a precautionary measure for driving as you're zipping down the road, let's say, to avoid the cop coming up behind you who's going to the same scene, but isn't satisfied staying behind you.

And in regards to that center LED block in your windshield, that doesn't hinder with flashes in your line of sight?

Thanks for answering!

Doesnt really bother me. I should say i am more used to it then i have been.

Archived