LegacyGT.com

Stage II Logs Please Look

subaruski

Just installed TMIC and want to know if everything looks ok.

I'm running the base COBB stage II 91 octane map. I attached three third gear logs. How do my logs look?

Can anyone give me some better insight to what I should be looking for?

For example how do you tell if your car is detonating?

datalog13.csv

datalog14.csv

datalog15.csv

Since no one else will play....

You are not getting full advance under boost; dynamic advance is not going negative but it is likely backing off from maximum advance, which means you have either too little fuel or too much advance.

Without seeing the actual tune there is no way to know how much DA is being allowed (that's for all of the real tuners out there who would point out that this tune might have beendone by a true expert who took the time to get everything perfect in all conditions so only allowed 3 degrees of DA ;) ), but I suspect it was left stock at 6 degrees.

Since no one else will play....

You are not getting full advance under boost; dynamic advance is not going negative but it is likely backing off from maximum advance, which means you have either too little fuel or too much advance.

Without seeing the actual tune there is no way to know how much DA is being allowed (that's for all of the real tuners out there who would point out that this tune might have beendone by a true expert who took the time to get everything perfect in all conditions so only allowed 3 degrees of DA ;) ), but I suspect it was left stock at 6 degrees.

The tune is just the basic Cobb Stage II 91 ocatane tune. I just wanted to make sure nothing looked terrible after I installed the Perrin top mount. I have a catless up pipe and Cobb mid/y pipe going on at the end of this week and I'm hoping to find a tuner in the Las Vegas valley area.

Thanks for your input though!

Just what I've read... You shouldnt be using Stage II tune if you have a cat in your UP, but I could be wrong.

Also, are you running a catless DP, or a HFC DP, or stocker gutted, etc... Give us some specs on what your running now as well, that might help.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Just what I've read... You shouldnt be using Stage II tune if you have a cat in your UP, but I could be wrong.

Also, are you running a catless DP, or a HFC DP, or stocker gutted, etc... Give us some specs on what your running now as well, that might help.

Cobb Stage II 91 ocatane Nevada Gas

Cobb catless downpipe

Perrin TMIC

AVO drop in panel filter

*Cobb mid/y pipe and Cobb uppipe goes in on fri

I could be wrong, but there could be some slight issues with the catted up affecting the tune. I remember reading that the 07+ were great for stage II cause they didnt have a catted UP and that all they needed was the DP. Check after the weekend when all the new stuff is on and pull a few logs then, bet they will be a lot smoother and cleaner.

I have a catless up pipe and Cobb mid/y pipe going on at the end of this week and I'm hoping to find a tuner in the Las Vegas valley area.

I could be wrong, but there could be some slight issues with the catted up affecting the tune.

exec, he does mention he has a catless up... but subscribed to understand AP logs =]

exec, he does mention he has a catless up... but subscribed to understand AP logs =]

He says they're going on this weekend... Which means that he's running stage II right now without the catless up being on.

He says they're going on this weekend... Which means that he's running stage II right now without the catless up being on.

Show us where Cobb says you need a catless UP to run a stage 2 map. They don't. Cobb says you need a TBE, when in fact you can run a stage 2 map with just an aftermarket or gutted DP.

Is it a good idea to run a catless UP? Yes. Is it necessary for a stage 2 reflash? No.

shouldn't he be seeing higher boost numbers on a stage2 map? i'm on a stage1 map and i'm boosting almost around the same amount he is at peak.

(i'm still a noob at this, so forgive me if i'm wrong). also, his 2nd log shows negative numbers in DA at time 12.04 in the 5-6KRPM range.

shouldn't he be seeing higher boost numbers on a stage2 map? i'm on a stage1 map and i'm boosting almost around the same amount he is at peak.

(i'm still a noob at this, so forgive me if i'm wrong). also, his 2nd log shows negative numbers in DA at time 12.04 in the 5-6KRPM range.

I think Cobb says 16psi =/-.7psi, so i'm not too far off. What does a negative DA indicate?

i believe it means you're pulling timing (i.e. you're getting knocking)

edit: here, i opened your map in accesstuner race and this is what it's supposed to be at.

again, i'm just a noob at this, but i'm going to pass along some advice anyway: if you have a laptop, get a vag-com cable and start logging using RR instead b/c the AP (i have one too) doesn't log knock, at all. also, yeah, you're right about . i looked at the boost targets in the map.

cobb_stg2_ACN_91_dynamnic_advance_table.jpg.c99715e1f2a8d3aa21f5047ff345aae7.jpg

i believe it means you're pulling timing (i.e. you're getting knocking)

edit: here, i opened your map in accesstuner race and this is what it's supposed to be at.

again, i'm just a noob at this, but i'm going to pass along some advice anyway: if you have a laptop, get a vag-com cable and start logging using RR instead b/c the AP (i have one too) doesn't log knock, at all. also, yeah, you're right about . i looked at the boost targets in the map.

uppipe and cobb mid/y pipe went in last night. logs look any better?

datalog16.csv

datalog17.csv

hrm, that does look better to me, but i have an untrained eye so i'm not good at this yet. without those knock parameters, it's hard to say what could have caused the negative DA, whether it was Feedback knock correction, or learned knock correction.

one thing i noticed is that it your intake temperatures were about 20-30 degrees hotter in the other logs and that might have contributed to things....?

hope someone else jumps in here, i don't want to give you bad input!

hrm, that does look better to me, but i have an untrained eye so i'm not good at this yet. without those knock parameters, it's hard to say what could have caused the negative DA, whether it was Feedback knock correction, or learned knock correction.

one thing i noticed is that it your intake temperatures were about 20-30 degrees hotter in the other logs and that might have contributed to things....?

hope someone else jumps in here, i don't want to give you bad input!

Thanks for all your help so far though!

Going in for a dyno tune in two weeks. So hopefully I can get everything dialed in perfectly.

Archived