LegacyGT.com

xm radio

Jimmy78

Ill get you a pic of my set up soon. Previous owner did it. But it sits in the cubby pod and is hooked into the stock head unit via a jazzymod.

Exact same setup. I have a Terk Commander in the cubby. We cut one of the moldings that came with it to take up the gaps between the unit and cubby. I ahve ti hooked into the jazzy...very nice set up. Been like this for 2+ years.

Rehab is for quitters.

me too^^^ no pics though. some on here somewhere.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

There is not a better place than the cubby to place an outboard XM tuner. I had the Audiovox XM roady II in there and it fit well and looked good as well too. another place is a small unit on the left side of the dash or over the ashtray (if you don't use it). I'll send pics soon if I can.

here's a pic from my old set up showing side view... the base mounts to car using existing head unit screws located under trim piece. Remove trim, take out 2 screws, position base, re-install screws and trim.

DSC00132.JPG.6eaf359599d36d53fe31cb79b97475d9.JPG

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

The XM unit uses the mfr provided mount. In that old pic I had to craft an extension to make way for the ipod cable. Now that I'm using a harman kardon drive + play for ipod control, the XM is mounted flush to the kuda base.
My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Keynon, what nav setup do you have? Is the nav the one that came with the car or is it after market? Thanks!

The nav is a Garmin 660. I pulled the cubby out and built a wooden enclosure for it. Since it's wired to the cigarette lighter, it comes on with the ignition (so you never have to pull it out to turn it on).

how do u wire the xm radio through the aux plug if the stock deck has 1? bc if u have to hard wire through ur antenna and stuff.

I used the Jazzy mod as my aux into the radio. (you'll have to search for it). It involves just under an hour of installation and works well. The xm will have a seperate antenna and you don't need to use a FM modulator.

Archived