LegacyGT.com

I <3 Costco Meats

Brady

Guest heightsgtltd

I thought the Russian bride thing was funny :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Costco offered something like that, they do everything else!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not funny, not offensive, just lame like a grampa joke
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I've never in my life set foot in a Costco. Not that I have anything against them, there just was never one around where I lived. So I have to ask, are they like Sam's Club, requiring a membership, and large volume, in warehouse-type of sales, or what?

I like Costco better than Sam's. I think their house brand of stuff, Kirkland or whatever it is, is better than Sam's house brand stuff.

That, and I used to work at Sam's in college, and I hate those F'ers :lol:

Tough to beat their prices on, well, everything.

When I have a BBQ party to shop for, they are the only choice.

It's the 40 minute check out line ups that kill me. This is on a Wednesday morning too.:rolleyes:

Tough to beat their prices on, well, everything.

When I have a BBQ party to shop for, they are the only choice.

It's the 40 minute check out line ups that kill me. This is on a Wednesday morning too.:rolleyes:

The lines aint that bad at the one by me unless you go on a sunday. Costco is 5 mins from an enormous hasidic community by me & sunday is their day to do all their shopping & stuff since saturday is the sabbath.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Your costco has a self checkout line?

I was thinking the same thing. The one by me doesn't have that

The lines aint that bad at the one by me unless you go on a sunday. Costco is 5 mins from an enormous hasidic community by me & sunday is their day to do all their shopping & stuff since saturday is the sabbath.

We went to the one in Spring Valley on July 4th, and we always go on the line to the far left next to the pampers and stuff. Always seems to go faster than the rest.

Costco plus a Vacuum (Sp?) saver = the bomb. We got a pack of pork chops, a huge pack of ground beef, and a tenderloin. I butchered the tenderloin into a roast, and 6 fillet Mignon medallions and some cube steak, vacuum packed the ground beef into 2 flat portions, and sealed the pork chops into single servings. everything was flat, and I was able to pack my freezer tot he brim.

Made Steak Au Poivre for dinn the other night. I would defi suggest. quick recipe and easy

We went to the one in Spring Valley on July 4th, and we always go on the line to the far left next to the pampers and stuff. Always seems to go faster than the rest.

yep I do the same thing :lol: You're crazy for goin there on the 4th of july.

Made Steak Au Poivre for dinn the other night. I would defi suggest. quick recipe and easy

post up the recipe in the food & drink forum :)

Your costco has a self checkout line?

I've gone to three different Costco's around me within a 10 mile radius and they all have 3 to 5 self check out lines. The crappy thing about those is they don't accept cash, so I always pay with debit. But a couple of times that I wanted to pay cash, the person helping put groceries in boxes would just save the order, print a little receipt that I would take to the manager's station and they would accept my cash payment.

Everyone with full carts doesn't dare go to self check out and when I walk in just to buy diapers, wipes, milk, soda and meat$ I go straight for self check out.

Self check out I hate the most is at Lowe's. They are ultra anal about how you check out and if the weight saved in their database doesn't match what you put in the bag, it gets flagged and its chaos.

yep I do the same thing :lol: You're crazy for goin there on the 4th of july.

post up the recipe in the food & drink forum :)

Surprisingly enough, 7/4 was not terrible. There was a woman who put he daughter on line with one cart while she continued shopping, and tried to cut the line with her other full cart. needles to say, the people behind her were none too thrilled. She threatened them with the day of reckoning. I LTM'd since she was behind me.

The recipe is from here

Self check out I hate the most is at Lowe's. They are ultra anal about how you check out and if the weight saved in their database doesn't match what you put in the bag, it gets flagged and its chaos.

I have self check-out at my Costco too and it's funny that there's always some girl there checking that I'm going to pay with a debit card.

And as far as Lowes/Home Depot on self check out ... AMEN Brother!

I HATE going to the self checkout at those places, and they always have ONE cashier working and two people tending to the total cluster-**** of the self check out. I have yelled at them before telling them that the whole thing would just go quicker if they got rid of the self check out and put two people on registers. They always say "feedback from customers is that they want self check out" and I tell them my feedback says otherwise.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I also think it's stupid at the grocery store when someone's buying produce. It makes sense for some things though. I'll use it at the grocery store when I have standard packaged items. I use it at Target a lot.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I also think it's stupid at the grocery store when someone's buying produce. It makes sense for some things though. I'll use it at the grocery store when I have standard packaged items. I use it at Target a lot.

I don't mind the produce any more. They got better at putting the most common items on the first page so I don't have to stand there and recite the alphabet to figure out if Tomatoes is between S-V or O-R.

• 4 months later...
I like Costco. I got my medical degree there.

Is that where you learned dead thread CPR? :lol::lol:

Archived