LegacyGT.com

Since the Legacy got bigger...

...and as much as we whine it most likely isn't going to change, I'm curious, are there any big cars that are done right?

What out there is about the same size as the Maxima/Accord but somewhat pleasing to the eyes?

What big cars (that are somewhat affordable, please no M5 examples) have decent performance/handling?

+1. I like the VW CC! The Passat ain't bad either.

Honestly, while not particularly attractive, I think both the Accord and Camry look better than the new Legacy. Subaru really went crazy beating that thing with the ugly stick! I have to think the designers of the previous Legacy couldn't have been involved in creating the new monstrosity.

Listen, you can make anything perform great. All it takes is money.

A new Maxima or V6 Accord / Fusion / Malibu / G8 / Mazda6 are all big cars, and if the suspension is soft, they can be changed out. If the tires suck, they can be changed out.

All of those cars above will offer good acceleration and reasonable handling. With mods, any of them will handle as well as an LGT.

Here's the kicker, many here don't like the new LGT, but once somebody lowers it, changes up the sway bars, and throws some cool large diameter wheels and tires on it, it will look and perform a lot better too.

problem with the accord/altima whatever

FWD SUCKS.

there is a reason why we have legacies. and there is a reason people will continue buying them. so long as there isnt an AWD competitor (is there? cant think of one) people will buy them.

car for sale. PM me!

Mazda. That is about it. The CC is nice, but electrics:mad:

A friend has had a CC (white on black) for 6 months now and he loves it. Says its been flawless so far.

The one thing though, the exterior looks far bigger than the interior actually is.

Listen, you can make anything perform great. All it takes is money.

A new Maxima or V6 Accord / Fusion / Malibu / G8 / Mazda6 are all big cars, and if the suspension is soft, they can be changed out. If the tires suck, they can be changed out.

All of those cars above will offer good acceleration and reasonable handling. With mods, any of them will handle as well as an LGT.

Here's the kicker, many here don't like the new LGT, but once somebody lowers it, changes up the sway bars, and throws some cool large diameter wheels and tires on it, it will look and perform a lot better too.

Picked up the New Cub Legacy this week, and there is a big piece on the new Platform. STi has some well done mods, and HKS has already done a BB (Boxer Balance) setup on the new wagon. It does look better than the stock, just needs a lowering job. The only puzzling item is that it appears as though the turbo has been moved to the lower front of the engine

OK, you said no M5, so how 'bout the 540i? The previous gen is still probably my favorite sedan on the road, as far as looks / size / power / handling go. :wub:

Simple yet athletic - doesn't look like it's trying too hard to be different.

1972695968_BMW540i.jpg.4bbc38da01cd2fba87c98ee76979c13a.jpg

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Also, if I may humbly inject, the TL SH-AWD handles great. Acura uses the AWD system to reroute the power in turns to give it amazing cornering. Size wise, it's a reskinned accord. I second the CC as a good alternative. For the most unbridled power, it's about the G37.

Archived