LegacyGT.com

harman kardon sub

ninjaturtlesM35x

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109GTO804/JBL-GTO804.html?tp=111

Anyone know if this would work as a simple drop in with the stock 09 HK amp?

i have earthquake sws8 its fit perfectly. i had tried to drop in other sub (kickers 8"), but its cutout was smaller the stock sub(with the weight which attached to the unit).

one more thing, after you drop in a aftermarket sub you'll see the sound quite ugly. you may want to lowpass it down to 60-80hz and volume it down. since the location of sub is for "horn effect" to amplifiy the low freq, so no need to worry its sound to low (anything below 70-80hz supposed to be disappeared anyway!)

hope this help

i have earthquake sws8 its fit perfectly. i had tried to drop in other sub (kickers 8"), but its cutout was smaller the stock sub(with the weight which attached to the unit).

one more thing, after you drop in a aftermarket sub you'll see the sound quite ugly. you may want to lowpass it down to 60-80hz and volume it down. since the location of sub is for "horn effect" to amplifiy the low freq, so no need to worry its sound to low (anything below 70-80hz supposed to be disappeared anyway!)

hope this help

I'm a car stereo idiot.... Explain how to lowpass it down please. Some type of filter?

you can do lowpass either passively (few dollars filter) or actively (a bass restoration processor tht below hundred, few hundreds dollars sound processor)..

i personally prefer a sound processor. it will save you more money in future. it can also fine tune the bass you like..and most important is time alignment and rest of eq ..

• 5 months later...

Looks like my HK sub is blown and needs to be replaced. What is the ohms on the factory sub? I am guessing I should be looking for a replacement that is the same ohms? Any recommendations? I want to keep the HK amp and just swap the sub.

I do have a friend offering me a 10 in sub and a box, but I need to find out more specs on the sub.

Looks like my HK sub is blown and needs to be replaced. What is the ohms on the factory sub? I am guessing I should be looking for a replacement that is the same ohms? Any recommendations? I want to keep the HK amp and just swap the sub.

I do have a friend offering me a 10 in sub and a box, but I need to find out more specs on the sub.

Anyone have any suggestions? The 10 inch sub I can get from a friend is a Polk Audio GXR10 with 4 ohms impedance. Right now I am leaning towards that since it would be the most cost effective option right now.

• 11 months later...
i have a 2008 legacy gt and it doesn't have the HK system ( so no amp under the seat or sub in the rear deck) i do in fact have the cut out for the sub…. I'm interested in putting a woofer in the car weather it be the under the seat sub or the rear deck one…… does anyone know where i can get the sub / under the seat amp so i can plug it right into my head unit.

Archived