LegacyGT.com

RSB to match 25mm Tribeca B9 FSB on 2.5i wagon?

CDN 2.5i

I'm going to upgrade my front sway bar on my '05 2.5i wagon to the B9 Tribeca 25mm swaybar as detailed by shtbxr22 here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111718

I'm already running a JDM GT 20mm RSB with MSI endlinks front and rear. I am running Bilstein Spec B rev A dampers up front with Bilstein HD rears and Swift springs.

I'd like to upgrade the rear bar (again) and was considering the Perrin 25mm rear bar but feel it may be too much, even on the softer setting. My concern is the winters here in Ontario - dry pavement should be ok but wet/snowy/icy is another thing.

shtbxr22 is running his 25mm Perrin RSB at full stiff. AFAIK, he's the only other person with this setup and he says it feels pretty neutral but also says it "out handles my comfortability level on the street (off ramps)"... I'm wondering if the rear end is getting a bit too tailhappy perhaps?

My gut tells me to go with the 22mm rear bar but I don't want to give up anything if I can go bigger. FWIW, the Tribeca B9 bar is a different shape, possibly hollow (but I'm not sure on that), and with the different geometry, only equivalent to about a 23mm bar of normal shape.

Thoughts on what I should go with on the rear? 22 or 25?

I've ordered the 22mm Perrin rear bar. Talked it over with Chris Cone at Perrin, who also consulted Jeff Perrin, and they said stick with the 22mm...

Probably a safer bet unless I can fit a true 25mm bar up front.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the rear Perrin RSB today.

Very happy with it :D A definite step up from the JDM GT hollow 20mm bar. Haven't had a chance to truly flog it but can notice the difference over the old bar for sure and it's a positive change. I had hoped to do the front first but had a muffler fall off last week :eek: so thought I would install the new rear while I had more clearance with the missing muffler. Also, I was worried about possible clearance issues with my custom Y pipe so wanted to have the new bar on before I get the exhaust repaired on Weds.

I also painted the Tribeca front bar red to match, will install that in a few weeks. Would like to do it sooner but may not have time as I'm getting married in two weeks :cool:

Sounds good. I'll probably pair it with the AVO 20mm solid bar.

I think the Perrin bars are a better value as they come with Perrin Stout Mounts included. Plus, they're on sale right now -> 13% off at Perrin.

Fred Beans Parts can sell you both so you can save on shipping etc. :)

• 1 year later...
Yes, I do believe so. There's a big thread on it. Title is something like "25mm fsb for na"

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does it mean that Tribeca's sway bars fit our cars???

The Tribeca sway is a bolt on for the N/A cars that need the humps in the bar to clear the OE exhaust manifold. Front sways for the turbo cars won't clear without removing the heat shielding or more work.

That said, with the borla replica header I have, I could probably run a GT bar...

Archived