LegacyGT.com

GT Ltd. Wagon in my driveway!!!

[quote name='flat4fantasy']yes yes, Congrats. You know what, these pictures look great. This is really the first pic to make me forget about the front overhang on the bumper! Great angle I guess. Rear still hangs out a bit too much for my liking, but ohh well... Peace, Dave[/quote] JDM Bumpers here we come! :p

[quote name='goneskiian'] That's right I've got my GT Ltd. Wagon with the 5MT in Brilliant Silver Metallic sitting outside in my driveway. Damn I want to go drive it more but it needs to be insured first.[/quote] Would be interested in hearing what your insurance premium will be.

[quote name='flat4fantasy'] This is really the first pic to make me forget about the front overhang on the bumper! Great angle I guess. Rear still hangs out a bit too much for my liking, but ohh well...[/quote] Yeah, it will take a while to get used to that J-Lo rear end! Might be usefull in a parade, for 2 people to stand on. :)

Wow! Thanks for all the congratulations! Tide - Thanks for the custom title! OK, let me see if I can answer all the questions... about the insurance. I didn't realize that my current policy with State Farm gives me a 30 day grace period on a new purchase. So, needless to say as soon as I got the policy out and read it I went out to drive more last night. :D :wink: :lol: Lights seem great to me. They've got a sharp cut off which is a bit higher on the right. I used my IMBA membership so I got it at dealer invoice plus taxes, etc. Total out the door $31425.93. Been saving my sheckles for this day so paid in full. :wink: Great dealership experience with Eastside Subaru in Kirkland WA. Of course it was my only experience with them so far, so we'll see how their service is from here on out. They've also got a great program for new car purchases whereby they increase the power train warranty to 100K, give you free lifetime oil changes and free service loaners. Quite a few rules associated to the program but it shouldn't be too hard to stick by. Worth a try anyway. Zevil - I don't think the roof is bigger than the Foresters. Just a tad smaller actually. Leather feels great. Room is totally fine on the drivers side which is all that really matters right? J/K :wink: Actually it could use a bit more leg room in the front passenger seat for me, and the rear is OK. I can fit behind myselft (so to speak) on the driver's side but not the passenger side. Surprises? Hmmm I'd have to say how quiet it is with the windows all up. I really have to watch the revs to know when to shift (trying to break it in nicely). Of course, I'm still getting used to it. Should learn when to shift properly soon enough. Insurance premium....well I know these can vary greatly depending on your history. Mine's pretty clean so it's not bad. I have a feeling it will increase though as they don't have any info on the 2005's yet so I think they're basing it on the 2004 model which, as we all know, isn't quite as juiced as the new one. :wink: I'll be back next week with more driving impressions and pictures. I'll say this right now though, this car has way higher limits than I am comfortable pushing with my current skills. I really need to take a racing/performance driving class and then get this baby on the track! Cheers! -Ian p.s. Anybody know a good alloy rim repair place in the Seattle area? I put a little ding in the right rear wheel on a blind curb today. Looked and felt huge when I first did it but it's really quite small. :evil: I need that banging head on the wall smilie guy! :lol:

Ian, since you live in rainy Washington, you should be able to test the rain compatibility of the Legacy. I have seen a few reports from disgruntled owners complaining about water being dumped in their lap after opening the door during a rain shower. I assume the same thing happens after washing the car. That could get annoying.

well, if the sunroof is as big as the foresters (approx) then I will be happy. I cna't tell you how many times I have been driving over the last week wishing I had that sunroof. We have had some beautiful weather. I am glad that you are so happy with your car. Very cool that you could go in and pay for it in one lump sum! That will not be my case. So what options did you get?

[b]Congrats[/b] on the new addition to the family. :D I have a ? regarding your purcahse as a VIP with Eastside. Did the car have any dealer installed options and were they priced at invoice as well?

[quote name='dskelto'][b]Congrats[/b] on the new addition to the family. :D I have a ? regarding your purcahse as a VIP with Eastside. Did the car have any dealer installed options and were they priced at invoice as well?[/quote] I didn't get anything besides the PEG #1 (Security and Auto-dimming mirror) and the Subwoofer/Amp. They didn't even have any 2005 accesories in stock yet! I do need some cargo nets and a cargo tray but I'll likely try to get those through subiegal's employer (whom I can't remember right now, but it's a local online and mail order Subaru Parts supplier that, I believe, is associated to Carter Subaru in some manner). FWIW, the program clearly states that dealer installed options are determined by the dealer. Only factoried installed options are at invoice. Of course this may be exactly why you're asking. I was working with Chaplin's before my first VIP letter expired with out them getting the car I wanted and the internet guy there said he'd give me the employee price on any dealer installed stuff. Could have been pulling my leg, but I believed he was a straight shooter. -Ian

Archived