LegacyGT.com

Can the SI-drive controls be removed from the steering wheel?

exsterminator

Bought an 09 OB XT 5-speed manual yesterday. Thrilled with purchase. However, I don't understand the point of the SI-drive steering wheel controls, your right hand is right next to the dial and the steering wheel controls are big and ugly. Is there any way to easily remove them yourself or is this a dealership job?

Thanks,

I use the steering wheel mounted S# control more than the knob. I don't think I've actually touched the knob for 3 months now (insert crude joke here).

Thanks for that and good to know. Since I have yet to take possession of the car and use it for a prolonged period of time, it just seemed kind of pointless but at least I now know my knob has a point (insert crude joke here too)

Thanks for that and good to know. Since I have yet to take possession of the car and use it for a prolonged period of time, it just seemed kind of pointless but at least I now know my knob has a point (insert crude joke here too)

Well, it depends on your driving habits really. When I first got the car, I used to toggle between "I" and "S#" modes all the time because I thought it got better gas mileage in "I", but after driving in real world conditions (with my driving habits), I found that I seemed to get better gas mileage in S# mode.

When the car warms up, it's in S mode, and the only time I use the S# on the steering wheel is to put it into S# mode (it will also toggle back to the previous setting if pressed again).

The buttons on the left change things on the mileage display screen, they have nothing to do with the SI drive. :)

Archived