LegacyGT.com

EQ tuning: STI swap install problems...

bsax14

update:

Actually, i haven't got the car back yet, but paul @ DBtuned suspects that this is the issue. He said that all of the fuel trims were Fvcked up, which would cause the engine roughness.when it is all said and done and up and running. It's supposed to be finished either fri, or monday...

Definitely gonna try and get EQ tuning in fairfield to pay for the engine wiring harness and labor if the problem is solved after replacing the harness.

OK, but what caused the fuel trims to get all fked up?

I'm guessing there's an air leak somewhere along the intake tract.

Pressure testing would probably help find it, if you haven't already.

I helped finish this swap on Substitude's car, and it's pretty easy to put everything back together and forget to block off the ports on STI manifold, as well as much up the breathers, pcv etc...

Everything is rerouted, but nothing is really that hard to do if you work methodically and keep track.

The swap is actually very simple, but putting the hoses back such that it looks nice is difficult.

I don't understand how they knicked the harness at all. It wasn't really a big issue.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/rsunahar/IMG_0054.jpg

I know the breathers and hoses are not pretty, but it wasn't easy to snake everything, since all of the legacy ports are under the manifold, and now they're over the manifold.

I also did the reflash for his car, and even with the new manifold in place, the trims were pretty flat +/- 5% in different places.

Most of our problems were due to the Perrin 3" inlet and TGV deletes, not knowing STI and Legacy were different, or finding ou t the hard way.

• 2 months later...
OK, but what caused the fuel trims to get all fked up?

I'm guessing there's an air leak somewhere along the intake tract.

Pressure testing would probably help find it, if you haven't already.

The main issue was that the engine wiring harness was damaged; bare wires exposed, connectors with faulty terminal ends, etc.

To me, it appears that the harness had been "modified" for some unknown-to-me reason(s).

Archived