LegacyGT.com

Signed On The Dotted Line Today

Hi All,

I'm new here and to Subaru. I just signed on the dotted line today, purchasing a 2009 Legacy 3.0R LTD in Quartz Silver.

The car had a spoiler, Wheel Locks, Tinted Windows and All Season Mats. I got a good deal with the Subaru year end incentive and low financing rate.

I look forward to being involved in such a great forum. I have one question I've not been able to find the answer to anywhere. What size the the gas tank?

Thanks

Actually, I think it's around 14 gallons. Did you pick up a brochure? I'm sure you can look on Subaru's website for specs.

No, I didn't grab a brochure as I'll have the car in a few days. I have looked all over the site and there is no mention of the tank size.

Thanks to both you guys for replying.

16.9 is correct.

Congrats! If I could justify the expense, I might trade mine in on a 2009 3.0, knowing that I don't like the 2010. But alas, I'm out of work and can't do it right now.

Thanks, and I hear you, I was out of work for six month starting Oct last year. The economy sucks! Good luck with finding a new job.

Congrats.

How come you didn't get an awesome 2010?:lol::hide:

I'm not a fan of the new shape. I saw a base one at my local dealer and was NOT a fan of the shape or interior.

Besides, this was the last 2009 3.0R LTD in the Boston area and one of only 3 in New England. The dealer gave me a great price (in conjunction with the year end incentives on 09) of $26700 from an MSRP of $31450 and the 2.9% financing.

Im not really familiar with the 09 models...What is the R stand for? Also, is it turbocharged or N/A?

The 3.0R LTD has the 6 Cylinder boxer engine and is non turbo. The LTD is like the 2.5 LTD which has leather interior, climate control etc. It also comes with great looking 18" wheels.

Welcome to the family!

Enjoy your new ride! :)

I'm curious though, not a turbo fan? :lol:

Oh, and show us some pics as soon as you can!

Thanks! As soon as I take delivery, this weekend I'll take some pics and post them here.

I've had turbos before (2006 Jetta GLI) but wanted a 6 cylinder this time around.

Thanks! As soon as I take delivery, this weekend I'll take some pics and post them here.

I've had turbos before (2006 Jetta GLI) but wanted a 6 cylinder this time around.

Any reason behind choosing the 6? Just curious why you wanted that one.

Any reason behind choosing the 6? Just curious why you wanted that one.

This car I intend to drive into the ground and I felt a regular aspirated 6 might last longer with less hassles than a turbo 4. This is my daily drive car and I commute about 60 miles round trip daily. About 70% of that is interstate.

Now no flaming from the turbo 4 crowd please lol! :lol:

No that's cool. I was only curious. There's nothing wrong with the 6. The only thing that could be a problem is nodding since there's not much out there for the 6. But if you want to keep it forever, it's probably best not to do crazy mods.

No that's cool. I was only curious. There's nothing wrong with the 6. The only thing that could be a problem is nodding since there's not much out there for the 6. But if you want to keep it forever, it's probably best not to do crazy mods.

Yeah, I'm not planning on doing too many mods. I want to do the HID Conversion and a in-dash navi (probably one of the Pioneer or Kenwood units). Possibly an exhaust mod down the road.

How many miles have you done on your car? What mods do you have? Have you had any issues with your car? Your wheels look hot with your colour car.

Thanks. Right now I've got about 12k miles, no issues and have done pretty much everything I can to the stock turbo. If I wanna make more power I can go e85 or change the turbo. Subarus are nice cars because they can handle quite a few mods without just falling apart.

Thanks. Right now I've got about 12k miles, no issues and have done pretty much everything I can to the stock turbo. If I wanna make more power I can go e85 or change the turbo. Subarus are nice cars because they can handle quite a few mods without just falling apart.

You've got a lot on her mod wise. That's good to hear about the car holding up under heavy modding.

When I was in my 20's I used to mod up cars, now with a house (and a wife lol) I need to spend my money more sparingly on modding cars :lol:

You've got a lot on her mod wise. That's good to hear about the car holding up under heavy modding.

When I was in my 20's I used to mod up cars, now with a house (and a wife lol) I need to spend my money more sparingly on modding cars :lol:

yea i know right. girlfriends are expensive ;)

car for sale. PM me!

Archived