LegacyGT.com

Where is your factory SUB?

doogdog

Just trying to get a consensus of where everybody's factory sub has been mounted. The idiot dealer put mine under the driver's seat, little to no clearance and it has been gouged by the underside of the seat. It seems logical that the sub shoulld be under the passneger's seat. Furthermore, the dealer made no attempt to hide the wiring harness under the carpat, there's a black harness for everyone to see plain as day. Maybe I'm being too critical, I'd like to see where everyone else has their's.

Thanks,

Rick

Just trying to get a consensus of where everybody's factory sub has been mounted. The idiot dealer put mine under the driver's seat, little to no clearance and it has been gouged by the underside of the seat. It seems logical that the sub shoulld be under the passneger's seat. Furthermore, the dealer made no attempt to hide the wiring harness under the carpat, there's a black harness for everyone to see plain as day. Maybe I'm being too critical, I'd like to see where everyone else has their's.

Thanks,

Rick

The idiot was right. It goes under the drivers seat.

Black harness might is blue you are lucky :lol:

So, the harness is not under the carpet? I installed mine myself....took the seat out and ran the harness properly UNDER the carpet. It took me 60-75 minutes TOPS. Take it back to the dealer and get them to run it properly.

I paid some $250.00 for the install at the dealer, they pulled the car in to install the sub as I pulled to take delivery of my new car. Mind you I had sign the P & S agreement a week prior. They take way too long hooking it up and make me late for an appointment I had. About a week later I decide to figure out how to disasemble my dash for my Scanmaster 3 install and XM install. The dealer forgets to put in a screw on the radio and pits a mismatched screw holding on the side trim. At this point I also notice the harness in sot run under the carpet. The dealer said something about the bracket not fitting properly and they had to modify it to fit. I guess at this point I'm just venting, boy they piss me off. I will take the time and do it properly, thanks for the info guys.

Rick

Mine is under the driver's seat, a small piece of blue wiring can be seen between the shift console and the seat, and the sound quality is good. It definitely extends the bottom end a bit, though you won't win any volume contests with it.

Bright blue here too, and, yup, under the drivers seat! ;)

Hmm, wonder if they got complaints about the blue and changed it to black. Maybe they could do that with mine.

-Ian

I wouldn't think its an issue if its installed right ... mine comes from under the carpet ...

Its under the drivers seat because of the issues with the weight sensor under the pass seat for the on/off switch on the pass airbag. Remember if you pull your pass seat youre supposed to get it recalibrated.

Could be wrong though.

(Wifes wrx wagon has it under pass)

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I just installed mine, the harness cover was blue and it went under the drivers seat.

I ran the wire under the carpet and pulled it out of the cutout that is already there (as described earlier).

I didn't have to remove the seat. I just pulled the bolt that has to be removed to lock down the subwoofer bracket. After pulling that rear bolt on the driver's seat I put a screw driver handle underneath (to hold it up) and it gave the clearance needed to run the harness under the seat. Use a long handled screwdriver to push the harness down between the console and the seat and you should be able to reach it from under the seat (through the hole in the carpet). Long fingers help.

There's a change over to the Subaru method for you dealer installed guys, so I would have the dealer do it to get the harness under cover (pretty lame with it showing).

The passenger seat is where the shock sensor mounts, btw. No room for both...

Archived