LegacyGT.com

What kind of Scotch do you like?

cfaber

What do you drink most of the time?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you drink most of the time?

• Single Malt At least 12 years
    • Single Malt At least 15 years
    • Single Malt At least 21 years
    • Single Malt 25 or more years (big spender!)

Love the Islay scotches so hard.

Laphroaig 10 - Initially didn't like this as much as the Lagavulin, huge rival. Growing on me more and more. Seems more complex and not as huge on the smoke/peat.

Talisker 10 - Love it for the price. More spicey/sea salt in here. Not technically Islay, but very close and the only distillery on the island.

Lagavulin 16 - My initial favorite with HUUUGE peat and smoke.

Ardbeg 10 - Recent favorite. Pretty cheap compared to Lagavulin. Really nice peat and smoke, but not as intense as Lagavulin, which is good sometimes and is more drinkable, IMO. Can easily have more than 1 glass of this. For a newcomer to Islay scotches, I'd say try this one out first out of all the others. It has everything but isnt as intense or complex as Lagavulin or Laphroaig , respectively.

"This is an adventure."

Not much of a connoisseur, unfortunately, but I like Balvenie, Glenmorangie, and Glenlivet. I've had some Laphroaig, but that one is too smokey for me.

It's time for a new bottle, so any suggestions based on my likes would be appreciated, if you can keep the price under $50.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

If you can find it, Tomintoul's 16 year. The Balvenie 15 year is also a really nice bottle (Though more expensive) Highland Park 12 year is pretty good as well, though not as good as the 15.

Winning the internet

Archived