LegacyGT.com

Stuttering/Hesitation completely removed! - car never smoother

Th3Franz

The first table represents the "base" timing profile. The second table is the "advance" profile. This is the timing that will be added on top of the base profile if various other things are operating correctly. If the ecu detects trouble it can pull some or all of the "advance" timing to prevent damage to the engine.

This is what my timing table looks like for reference.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/levenussupremus/timing.png

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, that is smooth!

Based on the fact my timing "profile" has not changed, I do not think it is the cause for the stutter. I am sure it could benefit from some smoothing, but that is secondary.

Agreed. :)

Check the DBW tables. Try making them linear and see if it helps. I'll post an example shortly.

That is interesting, RR uses a different style of table for the plate position A. They use a ratio and reference another table. Its a little more confusing.

Here is what I am talking about.

What is the difference between A and B? Why do 2 exist, they are both the same for me.

I will try to even out the DBW mapping to see how I like the driveability.

DBW_tables.thumb.jpg.0433cbdfd4a7c3701e841507c3b7d93b.jpg

I made my 'requested torque' table linear, but kept the curve in the 'throttle plate angle' table. My thinking is that the nonlinearity in the plate angle table cancels out the nonlinearity of how butterfly valves work - small angle changes around idle make a huge difference, but large angle changes around WOT make a smaller difference.

That is interesting, RR uses a different style of table for the plate position A. They use a ratio and reference another table. Its a little more confusing.

That's not an RR-vs-EcuFlash difference, it's a difference between how the different models (and/or model years) implemented throttle.

I don't understand it either. :)

Anyone see an issue with my linearized tables? I am not sure what the "base" table is for. I was planning on not touching that. Should it change the way I look at the plate position table? I guess I don't get the plate position and the base tables.

As you can see I left a soft fuel cut there at the end like the stock ROM.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5851/linearthrottle.jpg

I have a requested torque table that's a lot like yours, but I left the target throttle plate position alone. For throttle plate position, I think that the stock table probably counteracts the nonlinearity in the way butterfly valves work: at small openings, tiny changes make a big difference; at larger openings, big changes make a tiny difference.

I have a requested torque table that's a lot like yours, but I left the target throttle plate position alone. For throttle plate position, I think that the stock table probably counteracts the nonlinearity in the way butterfly valves work: at small openings, tiny changes make a big difference; at larger openings, big changes make a tiny difference.

oh ok... thanks! MikeyD said not to mess with the requested torque because in the 07+ the boost control uses the DBW. I think it would mean that I more-easily get into boost, that is all.

When he said "uses the DBW" he could have meant either table, or both tables, or that third table that you guys have. I'm not familiar with the 07+ cars but on my 05 I'm pretty sure the request torque table is specifically there to change the 'feel' of the throttle pedal, and the plate opening angle table is there to make the rest of the ECU's functions (like cruise control) behave linearly.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to chime in that we had to enrichen the tip-in with the cold weather. The car is so responsive it was knocking slightly under low load during spool-up. After bumping the tip-in a tad richer it's been running great! The throttle response is particularly nice for the snow and ice now.

-Franz

Archived