LegacyGT.com

My custom Axleback exhaust Magnaflow w/ s2000 tips

ihkskim

since i feel its pointless to mod my LGT auto due to the fact its auto.. might as well make it look nice..

anyway

Maganaflow 14225 center/offset exhaust $170 for 2

S2000 Muffler Tips $65 used 4.85 x 3.25 i think

Instlalation $70

Sound is nice. not too loud but def noticable. drone is minimal and im VERY picky with that (came from a lexusis350 with tanabe exhaust) but i think its bearable.

I think it looks oem just nicer and cleaner looking. sorta like the prodrives

I sorta wish they make the exhaust higher.. dont like it hanging so low. its not bad but higher would be nice. maybe i'll fix it later

http://www.xerovariance.com/bk/exhaust.jpg

http://www.xerovariance.com/bk/exhaust1.jpg

http://www.xerovariance.com/bk/exhaust2.jpg

http://www.xerovariance.com/bk/exhaust3.jpg

looks good. why is it pointless to mod an auto? I'm a legacy newb please help me understand your point of view. I know with my RSX-S the engine in the auto is literally weaker. less hp, less torque, different internals. i thought the engines were virtually the same between the auto and manual. anyways sorry about the thread-jack.

because i did hw on doing stage 2 on the 5eat and it just doesnt seem cost efficient at all vs a manual. it costs more due to valve body mod and less power. its not worth $2k for parts + tune for about 30whp.

because i did hw on doing stage 2 on the 5eat and it just doesnt seem cost efficient at all vs a manual. it costs more due to valve body mod and less power. its not worth $2k for parts + tune for about 30whp.

you could not be more incorrect

Used DP for $350 or gut OEM for free, open source tune for maybe 200 or a protune for 350, add a TMIC for 500 used. Maybe 1000 total for roughly 240-260 AWHP and a buttload more torque. Get a trans cooler for insurance. Way less than 2k.

i was basing the price on a Catted DP from Cobb ($550). $475 for protune. Trans cooler ($125), Valve body mod was about $900 unless i wasnt informed correctly.

I also failed to see where u get 240-260whp. i saw other people get 215whp with the same mods.

I have an 07 btw not the 05-06

I fail to see where you get only 215. That's a solid stage 1 protune number. I know for a fact that Captain Hook has 250AWHP with a basic turbo back and a protune by Precision. The catback section is not needed so that's money saved. Valvebody is a consideration but again, not needed. Plenty of people rack up the miles on a basic stage 2 on the OEM valvebody. The Cobb DP is nice but there are cheaper alternatives for less.

Yeah ppl do rack up the miles on basic stg2 with 5EAT, but how many stories have we read about gears slipping at WOT, and ppl blowing their plastic end tanks of their stock TMIC? I am at stg 1.5 from Rallitek, roughly 220 at the wheels with peak boost at 16.5psi, and sometime my 5EAT slips, or stays in a gear longer than it should....ihkskim is right, if you want a SOLID stg 2, you do have to do something about the 5eat and stock tmic, or in the long run you are asking for problems.....more tq/hp in our 5eat=higher tranny temps=death

Yeah ppl do rack up the miles on basic stg2 with 5EAT, but how many stories have we read about gears slipping at WOT, and ppl blowing their plastic end tanks of their stock TMIC? I am at stg 1.5 from Rallitek, roughly 220 at the wheels with peak boost at 16.5psi, and sometime my 5EAT slips, or stays in a gear longer than it should....ihkskim is right, if you want a SOLID stg 2, you do have to do something about the 5eat and stock tmic, or in the long run you are asking for problems.....more tq/hp in our 5eat=higher tranny temps=death

RIP, I wonder how a trans cooler would effect your issues. I'm sure an IPT valvebody would be all kinds of fun but a decent size cooler should help with the slipping.

i wanted to do new pipes and flanges but i know its hard to match since its a dual setup plus finding compatible flanges. so yea i just cut the stockers off w/ new hangers. its not like a used set of oem exhaust is expensive or anything.

Katalyst,

yea the tanabe is the only exhaust for that car i liked. btw it was a typo, i had a is250 m/t. horrible transmission after 50k miles so i sold it.

i wanted to do new pipes and flanges but i know its hard to match since its a dual setup plus finding compatible flanges. so yea i just cut the stockers off w/ new hangers. its not like a used set of oem exhaust is expensive or anything.

Katalyst,

yea the tanabe is the only exhaust for that car i liked. btw it was a typo, i had a is250 m/t. horrible transmission after 50k miles so i sold it.

damm i was going to say the is350 is one heck of a car compared to a stock lgt lol.

I think many owners of auto performance or sporty cars are down about modding because it is an auto. Something about a manual makes it more exciting sound wise and drive wise. NOT trashing auto guys I mean you have constant boost and trq on demand but I would never buy a auto sporty car or an auto non sporty car. I dont like the way autos sound with aftermarket exhaust

Archived