LegacyGT.com

yearly car inspection

Clash

Anyone fail there car inspection because of the tint laws. In NJ we are not allowed to have tint on front windows. Someone at work told me that the inspection place will just send me home till i remove it. Whats the deal?

yes tint can make you fail inspection, and they won't pass you unless you take it off. if you bought it from a NJ dealer, i doubt they would have added illegal tint, though. if you bought it from out of state, then you might be SOL. example, i bought my car in AZ where you are allowed to put limo tint on the back windows, but if i move to TX, i will get a ticket or fail inspection because the max tint there is 35%.

Its every other year in Utah. I failed once for my tint and then I pointed out that it was an off year for the safety inspection so they had to pass me anyway. Its not hard to find a "hook up" who can pass you for the tint, but if they get caught doing that (and the police around here run a lot of sting operations to do that) then they can get fined big bucks and lose their ability to do state inspections.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 5 months later...
Just have the fronts taken off, inspect and get them redone.

I'm assuming tint doesn't fade and would still look the same after 5 yrs?

Depends on the tint.....

Taking it off is not a problem for front windows, but don't expect to take it off the rear windshield. ;)

I got nabbed yesterday by a State trooper at a toll booth because I'm 12 days overdue for an inspection. Got fined $60 bucks for it too! However, he said that if i get the car inspected today then at my court appearance the fine will be waived. I already got it inspected this morning so now i just gotta go to court and prove it....then slap them in the face and pee on their shoes for wasting my time for not having my brand new 2005 vehicle inspected when there are more important laws for cops to be upholding, like the a$$hole that blew through the E-Z Pass toll at twice the allowed speed. The Statie even had the nerve to ask me if my car was undriveable...i was like "Are you kidding me? It hasn't been driven enough!"

Weeeeeeak!!!!!

Archived