LegacyGT.com

GI for stromungs?

fuzzydd

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've checked out a few pics on this board and it would stick out a bit. Probably wouldn't look "bad" but it certainly wouldn't look as good. The extended US bumper is also a perfect seat for putting on your ski boots.

How's the middle hole working out?

my left muffler is kind of screwy

it's sitting okay now but the left seems to be aimed "up and to the right" a little, and the leftmost hanger is stretched like theres no tommorow

I've been in touch with dale, he/Stromung says I should just keep playing around with the ypipe/muffler and ypipe/dp connection and retightening, but I've done this about a billion times already

debating whether I should take it to an exhaust shop and have them heat up the muffler inlet pipe and bend it to where i want it to sit

My left rubber hanger is stretched to double its original size, lol

So, you're in the middle hole and stretching it down? Have you tried the regular hole with a couple of zip ties to pull it up?

More feedback on sound. I've now tested the car with both a catless Invidia and the stock downpipe. The Invidia + Stromung (no resonator, none needed) is aggressive, but still relatively mild compared to most aftermarket subi exhausts I've heard. It's about half way between the stock exhaust and the hopped up WRX's you hear thudding around. It's got that boxer persona but sounds more grown up and refined. It drones a bit at about ~30mph. By 60mph wind and tire noise are more pronounced and the drone is muted. Get on it above 4500 rpm and you are treated to the sweetest squirrely wail. :wub::spin: Makes you want to roll down the windows and find the next on ramp. It will turn heads, many in amazement some with disapproval.

The factory 2 catted down pipe cuts the volume in half but doesn't change the personality. The boxer idle is still there, the top end wail still kicks in, you just have to turn down the radio to listen to the soundtrack. Anyone looking for a sporty emphasis without anything that could be construed as yo-boy or a mid life crisis, this combo is your ticket. It's deep, totally civilized, zero drone, the wife loves it, but at the same time everyone who rides in the car will wonder if not ask what's under the hood.

J

The factory 2 catted down pipe cuts the volume in half but doesn't change the personality. The boxer idle is still there, the top end wail still kicks in, you just have to turn down the radio to listen to the soundtrack. Anyone looking for a sporty emphasis without anything that could be construed as yo-boy or a mid life crisis, this combo is your ticket. It's deep, totally civilized, zero drone, the wife loves it, but at the same time everyone who rides in the car will wonder if not ask what's under the hood.

J

I agree. I prefer how it sounds with the stock dp rather than the Cobb dp. However, I prefer how the car accelerates with the Cobb DP and reflashing to Stage 2. Damn sacrifices.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the detailed post. I'm actually a little surprised that open pipe isn't *that* loud. :lol:

Judging from the YouTube clip I think Stromung is a very liveable catback. Almost too quiet for me. But I'm curious to find out if the characteristic will change a lot once an aftermarket downpipe is put in.

The Stromung exhaust "IS NOT" a quiet exhaust.. I have had mine for probably 4 years now and everyone can hear me wherever I go. Actually, people I know say, oh yeah, I heard your car somewhere, and started looking around then saw you. But I have also been told its the best sounding car outside of a v-8, but including a lot of v-8's, that theyve ever heard. I went to the library one day, when I walked inside the two story building, I ran into a friend, and he was like, yeah I heard your car and figured it was probably you, and he was inside the building.

i think mines pretty quite. I listen to books on cd while i drive and they are by no means loud talkers. I also have a perrin catted dp and a small exhaust leak. If you drive like a normal car and not full throttle all the time i barely know i have exhaust.

i can carry conversations and if i have music on i can barely hear it

outside the car it is pretty loud though, i was picking up one friend from his condo and he said he could hear it as soon as he got out of the elevator

whatever, its not obnoxious, stays out of my way and i get tons of compliments

• 1 month later...
well my buddy dale at boxer4racing has one two stromung catback exhaust systems left. there phone number is on their website or you can email him. the website is boxer4racing.com just tell him jonathan with the with the white legacy sent you

• 10 months later...
Has everyone got theirs then? Or atleast see it on the way? Mine still has not been updated on ups.com. I am getting a bit worried it may never show up! I guess I'm getting impatient.?

With m sprank possibly bringing these back into production (under a different name) I thought I'd bump this old thread.

I was hoping 05AWDGT would post some pictures of the resonated tips. You never posted that you even received your exhaust! :eek::D

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Archived