LegacyGT.com

newbie question and thanks!

I have almost 500 miles on my 05 lgt limited and I love it. I moved from a Contour SVT and thought

it was fast enough...it wasn't <grin>.

I sure can't figure out how Subaru expected us to be able to keep the rpm's under 4K for

1,000 miles, but I am trying hard, really really hard. I absolutely cannot imagine buying a WRX

and being able to do it.

But now I have a question that I can't find answered anyplace in the forum. The magazine articles

all talk about the engine in the LGT being a "detuned" version of the WRX StTi....can someone lay out

exactly what is different between the two? ECU obviously, but what else? Bolt on/off parts?

Lots of info in here, took me almost 4 days to read what I think was most of it! Great Forum!

Thanks ,dave

Drive softly and carry big torque!

Differences:

1. Inake Manifold

2. Turbo

3. ECU program

The short block is the SAME.

The heads are the SAME (though the cams may be different, I haven't seen anything definitive yet and I haven't taken my cams off to check :) )

You could do the swap if you really wanted to; although there is not much point to it. Turbos of all sizes will be available soon enough to meet most people's goals.

The Legacy has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT setup to the STi, the way it handles on the road, so suspension to brakes and brake lines, anti sways and strut braces. The Legacy is more designed for COMFORT SPEED, the STi BRUTAL ATTACK.

Adam.

Oh, also, you can go get something like a panel filter, and a Cobb AccessPort (effectively giving you the ECU) which between the two you should be close to 290hp and 305 torque... not quite STI (and an STI with an accessport would still be better)... but more comfortable with less rattling...

The Legacy has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT setup to the STi, the way it handles on the road, so suspension to brakes and brake lines, anti sways and strut braces. The Legacy is more designed for COMFORT SPEED, the STi BRUTAL ATTACK.

Adam.

lol brutal attack :eek:

Archived