LegacyGT.com

Final Suspension List? Gaah!

SubieBound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, another noob question:

A friend suggested that I get slightly thicker front sway bars to "support all the extra weight and 6-gear tranny" or something along those lines. What does this mean and how will this affect oversteer and understeer?

I noticed that many enthusiasts have thicker front sway bars compared to the rear ones.

Actually, could someone explain to me what oversteer and understeer is and the benefits/cons of either one? I can't actually understand why one would want either of those haha

Help me in my confusion? :spin:

definitely in your case i would recommend only swapping one suspension component at a time so you can feel the changes in a step wise fashion. right now it just seems like you're throwing all the parts you can onto the car without a specific objective.

as you're not tracking the car that much, i would say forget the lower arm bars and strut tower bars.

start with a rear sway bar (with reinforced brackets and mounts, endlinks at this time would also make sense), see how that has changed the dynamics of the vehicle. then proceed with the front sway if necessary

do coilovers after that and at that point it would be a good time to swap in the bump steer kit form whiteline as well as the poly LCA bushings

but to be honest your car is pretty new i bet there isn't much play in the bushings at the this point anyhow, it's somewhat unnecessary.

i mean, you do have a spec B; have you ever just thought about putting in pink springs or other aftermarket options? because those struts are pretty decent.

has your friend actually had any experience with a front sway bar? :confused:

Maybe consider different endlinks if you want them to last a while.

I can't speak specifically to Perrin endlinks, but I know most of the bearing type endlinks don't last all that long and have a bit of NVH.

Bushing type, like Kartboys, are what I would recommend.

AVO RSB reinforcements....you'll understand why when you see the factory mounts...definitely worth the $70...thanks fred beans
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Okay, another noob question:

A friend suggested that I get slightly thicker front sway bars to "support all the extra weight and 6-gear tranny" or something along those lines. What does this mean and how will this affect oversteer and understeer?

I noticed that many enthusiasts have thicker front sway bars compared to the rear ones.

Actually, could someone explain to me what oversteer and understeer is and the benefits/cons of either one? I can't actually understand why one would want either of those haha

Help me in my confusion? :spin:

Over steer is when you leave the road backwards. Under steer is when you leave the frontwards. neutral steer is when you leave the road sideways.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

talk to any real racer and they will disagree with coilovers for a daily driving car. it is a waist of money to have $1700+ under each wheel and you live it in one setting and not touch the coilover again. but I guess this can be debatable by anyone. just my opinion. I have found Tokico's for around $525, but I cant remember were. most place will work with the price.

...Ask any racer...Ask any real racer. It don't matter if you spend $525 or $1700+. Winning is winning.

Archived