LegacyGT.com

Blower motor sound?

Okay so when I turn my cabin fan on inside the car('97 LGT) sometimes it will make this "ticking" noise. The faster speed I turn to the faster the "ticking" sound. Is my blower motor on its way out. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

F1, how long did the shop have your suby for when you had the blower motor replaced? Curious as mine is starting to sound like hair dryer on low.:(
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Well I took it in for a few other thing. I am sure it will only be a few hours but the way Subaru dealership here operates: you have to leave the car with them a few hours for them to diagnose the problem and they must order the part then install it. You will be without the car a minimum of 8 hours; 4 hrs on 2 different days, about 3 days apart - if you take it to the typical Chicagoland stealership.

What you can do - if you are out of warranty - is buy it yourself (the blower) and replace it yourself: 3 screws is what holds the blower: it drops straight into the passenger footwell. No need to take the dashboard apart even if the instructions claim so.

OP, it may be a small stick or leave has fallen into it. Run it for a while and see if the noise goes away.

You guy's with the newer ones, the blower is very easy to get to. It's down by the passengers feet. Three screws and you can remove it, clean the crap out of it and put it back in.

Must be a DIY thread here somewhere. I did my friends in the parking lot at her work one day. Took about 15 minutes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Or maybe even mice. They have all the nesting material(dash insulation) they need to build a nest in the blower fan.I've seen this 1st hand.

This is what I have found in mine and my friends.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived