LegacyGT.com

why de-badge?

DocCat

Just do a search for 'debadge' and that should answer your question. I did it because it just seemed like too much for the back of the car. It was off balance. I took off the 'Subaru' and the 'Legacy' and then put 'BOXER' on the side where subaru used to be. That balanced it out better for me. Some just like the clean look of no badges. Its just personal preferance.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think it cleans up the clutter- I only took off Subaru on mine. I like the Outback 2.5XT badges.

I've been wanting to debadge, because I think it cleans up the back of the car nicely. My dealership put a huge sticker on the rear also, which I'm sure everyone would agree should come off, ... BUT as long as I keep the sticker on I get free state inspections ($35 or so)... grrr
.o0O0o.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've been wanting to debadge, because I think it cleans up the back of the car nicely. My dealership put a huge sticker on the rear also, which I'm sure everyone would agree should come off, ... BUT as long as I keep the sticker on I get free state inspections ($35 or so)... grrr

Hmm- that's tough. Maybe the sticker could be duplicated onto a piece of vinyl that can be peeled off.

I had some guy on the highway ask me what kind of car I was driving, it was in heavy traffic so we could talk. Thought that was kind of funny, he was driving some pickup truck. I did it because I think it looks much better without the badges. I still will keep the star badges, I like those.

You debadge just so your bored buddies can rearrange the letters and make new interesting "badge"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/oister/xanga/8194778f.jpg

My buddies decided to make me a "San Francisco special"....needless to say it didn't stay on the car long, just long enough for a pic.

Guest *Jedimaster*
You debadge just so your bored buddies can rearrange the letters and make new interesting "badge"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/oister/xanga/8194778f.jpg

My buddies decided to make me a "San Francisco special"....needless to say it didn't stay on the car long, just long enough for a pic.

Bwahahahahahahahah

Yeah or you can make something cool.... :)

http://home.comcast.net/~samur_devil/badging.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~samur_devil/badging2.jpg

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

The one badge everyone should leave on the car somewhere is the AWD badge. It notifes tow operators that your car has AWD and they should not tow it 2 wheels up. Most operators are smart enough to know that a Subaru is automatically AWD, some just don't care. Leaving the AWD badge on is a liability warning for the tow company. Not having the badge may cause you problems if you have to take them to court.

The one badge everyone should leave on the car somewhere is the AWD badge. It notifes tow operators that your car has AWD and they should not tow it 2 wheels up. Most operators are smart enough to know that a Subaru is automatically AWD, some just don't care. Leaving the AWD badge on is a liability warning for the tow company. Not having the badge may cause you problems if you have to take them to court.

I was under the impression that's why Subaru includes the decal in the rear windshield where it's not practical for it to be removed. A Nice touch on their part I might add.

As for my take on de-badging, it's just another form of styling. I feel that a "less is more" approach is more appealing. Excess badges, logos, etc take away from what the designers of the car wanted to convey with the lines.

Of course, I'm not sure what they were trying to convey with the Camry-like tailights.

unfortunately, that AWD sticker does not mix well with my rear window tint installation. The rear center brake light had to go too (still need to fab a black cover for the hole). I removed both the light and decal for this reason. Good point re: towing though. I have not degadged the boot yet, but I will this spring when I detail the car. I wouldn't mind some sort of AWD decal, etc. - anyone know where I can pick one up?

Guest *Jedimaster*
unfortunately, that AWD sticker does not mix well with my rear window tint installation. The rear center brake light had to go too (still need to fab a black cover for the hole). I removed both the light and decal for this reason. Good point re: towing though. I have not degadged the boot yet, but I will this spring when I detail the car. I wouldn't mind some sort of AWD decal, etc. - anyone know where I can pick one up?

There's a guy on Ebay who makes them custom and does nice work- I don't remember his user id though- and he just lost his store due to a fuggup with egay.

Guest *Jedimaster*
thanks jedi! Wow, this is post number 100. Only 4,119 to catch up to you!

And a perfect response in this thread is....

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//roofles.jpg

Archived