LegacyGT.com

Yet another aux in for the 05/06 Legacy

RedFloyd

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interested in this also. Just replaced my 07 Legacy Sedan (which had an aux input) with an 06 Outback which unfortunately has none. Mine is a Jap spec 3.0 with the integrated 6cd changer. I understand that the jazzy mod won't work on mine (as it has the metric AC ). Presumably this isn't a problem with this solution.

Not shure about that, since I don't know if it's the same headunit in all 05 - 06 Legacy. I'm pretty shure they are all the same, except for the 6 cd changer. So the aux in would fit in your radio.

I have the 6 CD changer integrated climate/stereo unit. I'm interested, but based on your response it's not clear which unit your device is for...?

Hello all!

I build my prototype on a 2005 Legacy GT radio with 6 disc changer. So the aux board is designed to fit units with 6cds. As for units without the changer, I may guess that there's only the changer that is different, but the rest is the same. So it MAY fit in radio withtout the changer, but this have'nt been tested up to now.

If anyone is willing to send me a radio withtout the changer, I will test to see if it fits. If not, I can modify my design so that I will have a specific board for each type of radio.

Well guys, finally some news! I received my pcb's yesterday and build the first real one... Here's some pics:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/974/20090611001o.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4586/20090611003l.jpg

After testing in a leg radio I can conclude that..... It works really great!!!

So here are the features availlables:

- The sound is auto detected so the aux in activate itself automaticly

- Built in ground loop isolator

- Only one wire to solder onto the radio board. The aux in card also uses the cd changer cable.

- The radio is still 100 % functionnal after the aux in mod

- The Bass, mid, treble, fader and balance controls works on the aux in

- You have the option of adding a remote switch for setting the aux in always off, auto or always on.

I still have to make more tests and write an installation manual.

I'll come back to you with ordering details within a week.

Because there is one integrated onto the aux in board. I'm using a differential amplifier as a buffer for the input. So the input is not ground related. There is no galvanic isolation between the input and the radio, but a small voltage or noise can be filtered out. And since the difference in voltage on the ground system of the car is minimal, I'm confident that the noise induced can be filtered out. The common mode rejection ratio is around -30dB (have to check this in the lab)...

.....wow.... too many big words for my vocabulary :lol:

Hi everyboody! I'm very happy to see all the interest that you have in my aux in!! :)

Right now I'm out of the city until next wednesday. I will continu testing when I'll return home. I should be ready to ship the first board in two weeks (I know, it's toooo looonnnng... but I have to pay the bills, like everyone of us!)

Archived