LegacyGT.com

Legacy rs 1994 - information needed

Hi,

I have recently bought a legacy rs 1994 5spd manual (2.0L) sedan and I want to do a complete fluid service. I looked on the haynes website and they have a manual for 1990-1998 but it doesn't mention whether it covers the twin turbo rs model. Does anyone know of a good service manual that specifically covers my model? Links would be appreciated.

I would also love to know any specs for the motor - such as HP, Torque, gas millage etc

some of our overseas members will have to chime in here, or someone else with an intricate knowledge of the Suby lineup.

American Legacys' did not have the 2.0, and the Impreza had either the 1.8 or 2.2 in our 94 MY and the 1.8 in the 93.

O.

New Zealand has a lot of the turbo varieties.

Perhaps Reuben will chime in or send him a PM.

O.

check out this site. www.subaru-car.ru/left/doc

In russian, but once you enter the listings it's in english.

Go to the 2001 Impreza, which had a single turbo and the 2.0 as the WRX. Engine may be the same. Again someone else will have to chime in for verification of that.

If someone was familiar with the EJ20 engine I would appreciate some info about what oils etc to use. I want to do the transmission and engine at the least - so any info about how to do this, what oil to use and where all the bolts are located would be awesome.

Just use a 75-90 weigh oil for the tranny and rear end and a 10w-30 for the engine. Don't get hung up on the synthetic stuff.

Just get under the car and look for a plug on the bottom of the oil pan and a plug on the bottom of the tranny. It's pretty easy once your under there.

Some trannys have a dip stick others just have fill plug on the side.

Try this site, http://forums.nasioc.com/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Depends which RS you got, the gen 2's are TT, the gen 1's are single just like the WRX engines. But it doesn't matter, the TT's are just the same when it really comes down to it.

Btw, on the silmilar to WRX thing, well. You have an EJ20H, and they have really quite boring heads, not that different to the old EJ20G heads. The turbo's are quite small, and the tune is pretty conservative. Because of this, the early TT's are reliable as hell, unlike the later TT's which constantly nuke themselves. If i had to say, your engine is most similar to a V2 WRX or STi engine, nothing like a V3 or newer STi i'm sorry :(

If you want to know how to do a service, well, it's damn easy.

1. Sump plug out, drain oil into a bucket

2. Put the sump plug back with a new washer

3. Change the oil filter, don't forget to put oil on the seal, you can re-fill it with oil before putting it in too if you want, i usually do it half way so i don't spill it all.

4. put the new oil in, they take 4.7L, but you can safely put the full 5L bottle in

Get the filter and sump plug washer from your nearest dealer (i.e. winger), don't bother with fram or anything, just use subaru filters. Oil, use anything around the 10w-40 range in NZ, maybe lower if you get snow. Castrol edge 10w-40 is what winger use, i use thicker stuff myself, but i live in auckland and have a built motor...

A coolant flush is easy, take off the bottom radiator pipe and prepare to get wet. Drain it out and replace it with a 50/50 mix of coolant and water. Watch out, some coolants are sold as 50/50 already. When replacing, you'll need to run the engine so it pumps all the bubbles out, you'll see the coolant tank drain and bubble wile the engine runs.

I don't know how to do gear box's :s

Archived