LegacyGT.com

Pro Tuned W/ AP data logs...

tingtang

This is odd...I always thought if you pull more than 3.9 degrees in flKC your IAM resets and we start over?

Good news is the knoc the LV is showing is probably false knock..that is the stock portion of the map. Your logs do show a couple events of knock at WOT..those should be adressed (lower timing).

its tuned on the AP... there is a knock correction thing on the AP but i dunno...

I don't know why you'd be running 93 octane due to it's scarcity in this state. There must be 10 E85 outlets for each 93 octane outlet. What is there like 2-3 places in the state you can buy 93 octane? If you are going to mess with anything other than 91oct I don't know why it wouldn't be E85. It's 105 octane, more readily available, and cheaper.

You'll have headroom to run E85 once you get your new turbo, FMIC, and 740's... but it might be tight up top!

Those are some ugly LV's... but who cares you are going a whole new route with new hardware anyways. Lay low and keep your engine alive.

i have none of the hardware installed... not even injectors... and theres a gas station that sells 93 octane for the same price as 91 octane... only about a 10 min drive from my house... only bad is theres only that 1 gas station... my car seemed to of knocked alot less when i used the 93 octane... the last time i pumped.. i think it was last week it only cost 2.30 a gallon... i have a AEM cai waiting to get put on too... just wanna try and make my motor as happy as i can without actually getting a new tune until i get all the stuff put on... i figured adding a little higher octane without advancing timing should decrease knock which infact i think it did... i guess i can just try to stay out of boost until i get everything put on... im shooting for early-mid june... and then off to bandimere in july... :) thanks for all the input guys... ill most definitely have a map for e85... but its a matter of time and money to pay the tuner... and i also have to figure out what is exactly wrong with my WB02... it started working again... the numbers kinda jump around a little but its reading still those low numbers... it is set on gasoline but when i try to plug my laptop into it, it seems like it freezes the gauge.... i dunno... i try to calibrate it again and see if that works...

Since you have less than a month on this tune and hardware I would just keep it real simple:

1) Limit WOT and spirited driving

2) Get that damn SPT intake off (find a stocker) since that's probably your main problem.

3) Drop your whole DA table by 2 or 3 degrees

can i do number 3 with a AP?? i dont want to unmarry it just yet...

so it turns out i have to wait to install everything...,. :( the person that was suppose to do the whole install cant now.... and ive called around and places are charging around 1000.... pretty steep.... i can always take it up to the guy in longmont but thats still a extra 650 dollars that i dont have.... what ill probably end up doin is trying to install everything that i can without a tune... like the FMIC and fuel pump etc... then take it up to the guy in longmont for the rest.... hopefully i can get my car done by end of june... this has become a major investment :(

• 2 weeks later...
oh and i have a question... this may sound dumb... but would i be able to copy the current tune i have onto ecuflash?? and then unmarry my access port... then reflash the same map with ecu flash?? my whole point is wanting to switch to open source... while i sell my AP and tweak the protune that was done with the AP.... or is the rom locked or something if its tuned with the access port??

oh and i have a question... this may sound dumb... but would i be able to copy the current tune i have onto ecuflash?? and then unmarry my access port... then reflash the same map with ecu flash?? my whole point is wanting to switch to open source... while i sell my AP and tweak the protune that was done with the AP.... or is the rom locked or something if its tuned with the access port??

That is not possible as Cobb modifys the rom in such way where the image is different and the fact that you cannot pull realtime information from the ram with ECUFlash.

Archived