LegacyGT.com

Satin White Pearl

I was hoping to get some recommendations on detailing products that will help me emphasize the "satin white pearl" color of my car. I really want the pearl to pop and the finish to look as satin as possible.

Hand detailing products prefered, but I'm thinking about picking up a PC or similar to work with in the near future.

Here's a couple examples:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3366/3201333632_cfd5ac522f_b.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/116pbox.jpg

There are a lot of products available for what you want to do but you can't use a personal computer for the actual detailing. Yes, swp rules, but to really achieve your goal, especially in Utah, you ought to get a decent car cover and park your car in a closed area......Good luck

As informative as that was...

I used pc to stand for porter cable, it's a car polisher that many people are familiar with on detailing forums. (maybe you were joking?)

I am looking for specific products (polishes, glazes, waxes) and any special techniques. For example someone recommended Natty's Blue from Poorboys. He says it really makes the pearl and metallics in the paint stand out. The owner of the second car I posted said Zaino products are all he's used for years.

While a car cover would be great for preserving the finish, I need to achieve the look I'm desiring first.

white is easy to maintain. HOWEVER, I find it to be the hardest one to clay. As in, you'll see a lot more imperfections than darker color cars when look close up. The paint surface would be smooth, but those industrial fallout and brake dust are super visible on a white car.

Keep it clean, clayed, and WAX! Polish won't be that big of a deal for you since it's white, but do keep a GOOD wash process. I can't stress enough on the wash process. You can really keep the car looking much better and longer if you have a process down.

oh as far as product recommendation goes...

I like

Adam's Car Wash Soap

Adam's VRT for tire dressing and plastic trims and dash

P21S Wheel Gel

Menzerna Polishes (their whole line)

P21S, Adam's, or Menzerna Wax and sealant Wax. I also use Lusso Oro and Swissvax and Zymol are also very popular

PC is the way to go... BTW, keep an eye out, I think there is a new version out. Also look into a Flex DA vs PC. Pads, go with Edge or Lake Country

Obviously you'll want to clay the car, then depends on the condition of the paint if you need to remove swirls or whatnot, but I'd highly recommend the 3m Hand Glaze and to get an awesome "wet" look to your paint, I'd recommend Danase Wet Glaze. Then top it off with a good wax/sealant, whichever you're planning on doing.

with my leggy, minus the crappy job touch up paint does to the repair the chips, I use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry first on the car, wipe it down. Mothers California Gold Claybar, and Macguiar's gold class paste wax, the everything comes out real nice with it. Also, if you look back a few pages int he official SWP blazin posted a reply with the things he uses to detail his lgt and his always looks real clean.

Archived