LegacyGT.com

Subaru of Plano has the 2010 Legacy/Outback!!!

Verwilderd

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MT car of the year doesn't have to compete with all cars in its class, only those that are new... which may not include any this year. It's not necessarily a very distinguished award.

That said, I do wish Subaru the best of luck. Need to encourage a manufacturer to have some character... everything's so bland and/or ugly these days.

Well, and on top of that, being mt of the year means Subaru as a brand gets more exposure and with that will come increased sales which should in turn allow them to develop "better" vehicles. All in all, for Subaru to stay afloat, they need to grow. Hopefully this car will allow that.

LOL. :lol:

Just give it a chance at least. I'm actually very excited about this new car. Only drawback to it is the change in engine setup, so there won't be any aftermarket parts out at all.

Fixed. Until next round of Impreza gets the same layout, which I'd say is not given.

The new Legacy GT won't attract enthusiasts the way the present one does, and therefore even though Subaru may sell lots, they won't be sold to people who want to modify them, thus the lack of aftermarket parts.

Also, making it a completely different turbo set up from all other Subarus doesn't help either. Has anyone had a chance to see what kind of turbo fitment it is ?

What about weight, do we know how heavy the new pig is yet ?

It is 50 lbs heavier. And as for enthusiasts not buying this car...I doubt that. I'm sure they'll be plenty sold and I have a feeling Subaru will move the turbo on the imprezas soon as well. It wouldn't make sense for them not to. As for placement, it is in the same place as the diesel Subaru makes and I have a feeling it being placed there will allow for bigger turbos in the future.

As an enthusiast I traded in my 2004 WRX Wagon for a used 2005 LGT Wagon 1.5 years ago. I consider it an upgrade in most ways. The new car looks nice, but it looks huge next to the "old" one. My problem is when it comes time to replace the LGT Wagon, I have nothing to go to. The Outback is not going to happen for me, especially with no turbo and higher ground clearance, plus the additional body cladding that does nothing for me. It looks pretty close to size with the Tribeca in those pics. Forester is not an option, Impreza has smaller space for stuff. The new cars look nice, but there is no way I'm buying a sedan. I feel disappointed right now, Subaru wants me to buy a BMW or Audi which I don't want. Here's hoping in the next couple years they give us a small batch of wagons.

My problem is when it comes time to replace the LGT Wagon, I have nothing to go to.

+1 This is the problem for Subaru. How to provide a migration path for WRX fans. Turbo moddability, wagon, manual transmission, distinctive styling (not necessarily pretty).

White Whale Indeed. I didn't need a bigger car, a little more back seat legroom might be nice for the occasional backseat passengers, but thats about it.

The new style isn't ugly, but it looks like they borrowed too much of it's competitors. The new Legacy is mixed bag. I'm sure it looks better in person, most Subarus do, but the now "previous generation" Legacy looked good in them from the start. No need to warm up to it. The interior looks one step forward (radio separated from the A/C) and one step back. (Cheap hard plastic like the Impreza). Not something I would expect from the more expensive, upscale, premium, (choose your verb) model. Price is going to be a problem. I think with the G37 so close in price, many will make the jump to Infiniti, rather than have a Subaru. Of course none of this matters to me as I want a wagon with the 5EAT Automatic.

i've said it multiple times... i'm most likely done with NEW subarus after this lease. The cars are getting bigger, chunkier, slower, and more cheaply made. I'd much rather pick up a daily driver truck and another 05 lgt or 07 sti than buy new a subaru. I don't see them making any changes that will sway that opinion. I'll still check out the new GT when you get one over there just to see what it's all about.

I'm happy that Subaru is making tons of changes to sell more units to the general public, be more profitable and grow as a company....it just sucks that they aren't keeping SOMETHING to draw back the enthusiasts that got them where they are today.

Guest heightsgtltd

Ask yourself, can you imagine a high-performance camry or accord?

Yeah, I didn't think so..

I'd much rather pick up a daily driver truck and another 05 lgt or 07 sti than buy new a subaru.

So I have a buyer for my 05 if I switch up to the 2010? ;)

I'm a little bewildered that they took the step to make the 6MT the only option for the GT and didn't go the extra mile to make it the tuner version like Mitsu did for the Evo RS. I really just need to get one of the road and put it through its paces in order to know for sure if it performs as bad as it looks. I have no problems driving a ballistic refrigerator as long as it performs as well as mine. Otherwise I'm at least hoping that the drivetrain mounts up so I don't have to "go Spec B" instead of MY10.

Archived