LegacyGT.com

Dealer's in CT

kmfuse87

Just got my new Spec B. Haven't dealt with any dealers in the CT area, anyone have any stories to share about which dealers to avoid? Or on the other hand which dealers are great? Looking for some help, thanks!

I think Dan Perkins in Milford is decent. Best new car prices of all the dealers that I checked out, most up front about prices, most hassle free service.

Only problem I had was that when they changed brake fluid once, they did not bleed the system properly. After I complained they swore up and down that it was fine, but then they bled them again anyway when I persisted.

I got my car from Quality Subaru in Wallingford...

The salesman I had was really chill... he had a nice S2k and we were talkin about that for a while. But the guy that ran the place was kind of a dick.

And then they gave us a quote, but when I asked for them to just write it up somewhere, like maybe on an invoice or something, they wouldn't. And I was like wtf... like what if I come back here and you're all like, oh I didn't say that and blah blah blah. And we got into a huge argument about that >_<

Is it normal for dealerships to give you a price on paper? The car was in MA so they had to get it down here so I figured it was only common sense that the price we agreed on would be put on paper somewhere before I put down that 500 deposit they require to ship it down.

Anyway nothing really bad about them... but not too great either. Then again I haven't had much experience with other dealerships so nothing to compare to.

Good point on which dealership is most mod friendly. Do we have anyone on this forum that works for a CT Dealership? This might help build a relationship with them/that dealership?

hi im one of the parts guys at suburban subaru in vernon ct, we are a fairly mod friendly dealership as long as you dont come in expection tons of warranty work while modded we dont care about mods, actually we have 4 or 5 employees with modded subies myself included

stay away from dan perkins for service, they overcharge (well thats obvious) and if you're planning on modding, they are very unfriendly.

The parts department is not bad.. I drive up from Greenwich due to the sucky guy (wont name him) at Subaru Stamford.

Subaru Stamford should learn better customer service

harte subaru in hartford has good technicians and service, however as with most dealerships, the price is pretty steep

i bought my car from harte subaru and the service manager is my wifes best friend from work. they never bother me about stuff and i always get discounts :)

i bought my car from harte subaru and the service manager is my wifes best friend from work. they never bother me about stuff and i always get discounts :)

Does your wife have sisters? Nice deal man... if only we were all that lucky!

• 5 months later...
The parts department is not bad.. I drive up from Greenwich due to the sucky guy (wont name him) at Subaru Stamford.

Subaru Stamford should learn better customer service

I have to agree 100 percent. Parts guy stated and I quote " SPT does not make a Heat Shield"

What an a$$hole. For starters, they do, and secondly this guy was a complete ass on the phone, he could barely even say SPT.

I've been real happy with Secor Subaru in New London. I didn't have to haggle at all - they beat Edmunds.com by about $800. Service dept is a good bunch of guys. Dealer prices are dealer prices but I will definitely stay with this dealership...and Subimods is right around the corner for all your aftermarket goodness.

Have had decent service with Mitchell only because my dad gave it to them over my mom's wheel bearing issues. Sometimes they need a good stern kick in the ass, then the stealerships treat you like a human.

Whats the service managers name?

I bring my car here for service for everything. I even just replaced some missing stock pieces that i ordered from their parts department. Great set of people over there.. they are super nice..

Whats the service managers name?

I bring my car here for service for everything. I even just replaced some missing stock pieces that i ordered from their parts department. Great set of people over there.. they are super nice..

the service manager is frank, but i believe that his boss is mark. you'll be dealing with frank, most likely. great guys

the service manager is frank, but i believe that his boss is mark. you'll be dealing with frank, most likely. great guys

Frank was the one who helped me out last time. Ill be calling them up in about 500 miles for my next oil change.

Archived