LegacyGT.com

2010 Ford Fusion - the new legacy

violhence

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to go down from 0.

Are you kidding? Its super easy to go down from 0, ever hear of Chrysler?

But seriously, they have improved a lot. The numbers speak for themselves. I still wouldn't call them super awesome, but its hard to deny that they may have a decent car now. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/03/ford-global-warranty-costs-slashed-by-1-2b-over-last-two-years/

I like the Ford Fusion a lot. I'd take one over the ugly 2010 Legacy for sure! However, it pisses me off that Ford builds it in Mexico rather than employing Americans to build it here in the States!

building the cars here in the states is why the american auto industry is in the trouble its in. no UAW in mexico, just swine flu.

I find it hard to believe that an 05 leggy interior rattles, ive had a 98 and currently own an 01, and NOTHING rattles. The new leggy is horrendous, but isnt reliability of new subaru almost as good as honda? I still hate ford with a burning rage...

^ And the swine flue is a no cost adding option!!

:lol: :lol:

I like the Ford Fusion a lot. I'd take one over the ugly 2010 Legacy for sure! However, it pisses me off that Ford builds it in Mexico rather than employing Americans to build it here in the States!

The bad this is going to sound but Subaru's made in Japan are really more well built than the ones built in Indiana... I am not sure there the process is broken, but probably it's a cultural thing, the way Japanese workers do it, as if they were building a car for themselves, etc etc...

Just my 0.02....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Really?

My '05 LGT interior now rattles like a cheap, ******* rental car and I've owned it since it was new...I drove a well cared for '04 Explorer this week (a trade in at our dealer) with similar mileage and it drove and felt like it was brand new, no rattles, nothing.

I wish Subaru's engineers could figure out how to design an interior that doesn't rattle and I wish they had hired Ford's exterior design team for the exterior...

I've never owned a Ford in 24 years of car ownership...but I am really interested in them now that I'm looking to replace the Legacy...since Subaru dropped the ball on the '10.

From 1993-2008, I put over 500,000 miles on three Explorers. They were 100% reliable. Quite comfortable. And the worst stereo of the three was better than what's in my '08 LGT.

I find it hard to believe that an 05 leggy interior rattles, ive had a 98 and currently own an 01, and NOTHING rattles. The new leggy is horrendous, but isnt reliability of new subaru almost as good as honda? I still hate ford with a burning rage...

Own an 05+ and come back to us. I own an 05 and the interior rattles and I know quite a few other LGT owners that have rattling interiors....

BTW, search for rattling dash on these forums and you will get your results

Own an 05+ and come back to us. I own an 05 and the interior rattles and I know quite a few other LGT owners that have rattling interiors....

BTW, search for rattling dash on these forums and you will get your results

My '05 is rattle free *shrug*

That grill has got to go. LOL.

+1

That grille is nasty as f***. But I do really like the bumper and the rest of the body.

Speaking of Ford's, I just read this article in Modified about how there are Ford Focus models running in Europe (Ford Focus RS) that are not released here... and are MUCH BETTER than the models released here.

Now we all know that Japanese car companies keep all the good stuff to themselves, but why would Ford release certain models in Europe and not in US? Only think I can think of is that there is more of a market in Europe than the US... but I can't honestly believe there is more of a tuner market in Europe than there is in the US. That's just... unbelievable.

I was at the SAE World Congress in Detroit last week and they had a 2010 Ford Taurus SHO on display. We were there as presenters, and while the guy was cleaning it up I asked to poke my head inside. The interior was really nice. The textures and materials felt very upgraded from the Tauruses of the past that I remember. It had the Eco Boost engine which is a twin turbo'd V6 that Ford claims puts out 365hp.

The car also had 20" wheels and dual exhaust.

Nice car, looking forward to a test drive!

i work for ford. the fusion has been the most trouble free car we've sold. thus far, in the last 3 yrs, we've only had 3 warranty issues on 3 different cars. that's a pretty good track record......

i work for ford. the fusion has been the most trouble free car we've sold. thus far, in the last 3 yrs, we've only had 3 warranty issues on 3 different cars. that's a pretty good track record......

Guess they can build a good car down in Mexico! Still wish Ford employed people here in the US to build 'em, though. That's actually part of why I didn't buy one. It was on my list up there with the Legacy on cars to consider, but it annoyed me that Ford chose cheap labor over supporting the middle class here at home. At least my Legacy, while a foreign brand, was assembled in Indiana.

Guess they can build a good car down in Mexico! Still wish Ford employed people here in the US to build 'em, though. That's actually part of why I didn't buy one. It was on my list up there with the Legacy on cars to consider, but it annoyed me that Ford chose cheap labor over supporting the middle class here at home. At least my Legacy, while a foreign brand, was assembled in Indiana.

Yeah, but if they built it in the US you would complain that the cost is 2K higher then the competition for the same features.

The '10 Fusion is a really nice car, and ford I belive built it for main stream driving public who dont favor a 6 speed to an auto. They do offer manual on the 4 but not the 6 and they also only offer awd on the 3.5L V6. I would rock one, its like a better legacy 3.0R that isnt so ugly (if your comparing a 2010 models)

The SHO model, will be 350 hp and awd btw it is the same power pland that will be in the new taurus SHO. That engine is fords new eco boost engine, that is like the bmw 335 with 2 turbos big and small, that make it awesome, and its based off the 3.5 NA block thats in the fushion sport.

Only the 335d has one small, one big....the 335 just has two moderately sized snails :)

Archived