LegacyGT.com

Reinforcing Stock TMIC

fatbastard

I was originally planning on going with an upgraded turbo but with 75k on the clock and a suspension in need of some TLC I think I am better servered spending money elsewhere. But since I am Stage 2 I am concerned about my end tanks. I was going to do a JB weld on them but then thought about using a packaging strap to hold them together. I did a quick search and found this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24606 but couldn't find any feedback on if it works.

I have a brand new Perrin that I could install but now that I don't plan on upgrading the turbo I think it is overkill and I could just sell it and use that money for new dampers. Any thoughts?

no sir..havent looked at the legacys..im assuming they are plastic? lol. seems the crimping of the metal into tabs is what gives way..i looked for more cases than what you posted but wasnt able to find any more cases. is this a large problem with the legacy intercooler? if so, its strange that subaru continued this intercooler in production for the past 4yrs.

ahhh gotcha...seems bout right from subaru..build it to withstand stock levels but no more.. referring to the WRX stock 5-speed and now this haha..so perhaps jb weld would suffice then..but if he has a perrin..sell it and buy x02 fmic!! with the extra money you have begin with suspension ;-)

After past experience with X02 I will skip that FMIC. On the Perrin the other reason I considering selling is because from my reading a tune is highly recommended, which means more money to spend. At teh time I didn't care since I was going to upgrade teh turbo, but now I think I might just stay stock.

Archived