LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy GT paint on back plate

NMLGT

Have my new GT and like it much more than my old WRX (and G35 too).

However, I bought the Ltd Sedan and did not notice that Subaru left the back plate (underneath the bumper) black. and did not paint it to match the body like the wagons. Really ticked me off, it looks unfinished. Anyone painted theirs to match?

Bummer:( !!

Haven't seen anyone paint theirs to match, yet. You can be the first :). I don't mind it. It's better than Audi's having their A4 1.8T's with the whole bottom part plastic, or BMW's X5 with all that plastic-looking cladding.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!

-ben

Funny I see people pay'n $$$ to be adding this plastic to thier mazda6's and other cars......I guess the grass is always greener ;p

I don't think it will paint well being plastic and all......def curious to see the outcome if you do it. My guess would be a local shop would charge 50 - 75 bucks to paint it.....I think I'll ask, (what they think about it, painting the plastic, longevity and such) next time I stop by the place that painted my JDM grille......(insert peaked curiousity)

Welcome aboard......

50 to 75 would be a low price to get anything painted at a shop. They would first have to take it off. I don't know if that part is removable or not, but they wouldn't remove it for free. If its not removable then they will have to take the whole bumper off and mask it off. Again, not cheap.

Depending on your color the price could vary. The white will be the most expensive and the black probably the least expensive. Anything with pearl in it will cost extra, but white is the hardest color to match and the most expensive for any color. My guess is that to just paint that part will run you probably closer to $200. That's just my educated guess based on the work I have done for paint shops and my curious questions I've asked them over the years. It would probably be cheaper to paint it yourself if you can get the paint somewhere and do all the prep work yourself.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

My B - My grille cost me $85 bucks to get painted and looked way more of a PIA then the plastic straight piece, but I didn't really think about removal :D...just bring them the piece..LOL .............and I did it black so that is cheap too....

The grille probably used less paint. I guess the only way to find out would be to take it to a paint shop and ask for an estimate. :) It might not cost that much at all. I would probably care more if my car was anything other than black or regal blue. It doesn't really show up on those cars. White would be an issue for me. I would want it painted if I could see it easily.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived