LegacyGT.com

hey everyone i was wondering if there was a recall with a bug or something wrong with the 2.5i for 08..09 model Legacies..

This started monday night, i was leaving work around 9 and i turn on my car let it heat up a bit and start driving....goin up a hill near the stop sign my car just completely turned off on me i was like wtf....same thing happened yesterday at the same exact location and time....but it happened twice....car just seems to die on me....

this morning i go turn on my car to go school and i see the cruise is blinking and the traction and check engine lights are on ....whats wrong?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey everyone i was wondering if there was a recall with a bug or something wrong with the 2.5i for 08..09 model Legacies..

This started monday night, i was leaving work around 9 and i turn on my car let it heat up a bit and start driving....goin up a hill near the stop sign my car just completely turned off on me i was like wtf....same thing happened yesterday at the same exact location and time....but it happened twice....car just seems to die on me....

this morning i go turn on my car to go school and i see the cruise is blinking and the traction and check engine lights are on ....whats wrong?

hahaha do not listen to Dark :lol: there is something terribly wrong with you ECU my friend a dealership is your only course of action

No recalls for the NA Legacy
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

lol ah thanks man ...ill go tomorrow to get it checked out ! :)

Watch the stealership when you go make sure they dont try to blame you for a warranty issue. If they give you a BS answer go to another Subaru dealer the first dealer i took my Subbie to for the reflash told me that my driving behavior may be the root cause to which I laughed took it to another dealer fixed it no BS questions asked. but my issue was a known reflash yours seems like it is def something sensor/ECU/mechanical related

Sounds like what happens to mine. Coasting in neutral to make a right at a stop light, the RPM's fall dangerously low, the car shudders, and twice it's died on me.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

do u have one of the newer legacy or outbacks (05+)? 5mt? mine does the same right after i have the clutch in and shifted into neutral coming to a stop. the RPM's fall to right around ~500rpm, shudders then catchs itself. sometimes the rpm's jump to 1500 before dipping low. and it stalls occasionally especially right before i enter my driveway because theres an incline which doesn't help.

yea it comes and goes. like every 10-15 stops it happens. also it happens too while your sitting idle and not moving with the a/c compressor running cycling on and off. i noticed it one morning before work, rpm's drop to 500rpm almost stalling like every 10-15 or so cycles with the a/c compressor running.

heres a vid. maybe you can try it too and see if its the same as your's. you can see as the a/c compressor is cycling on, the rpms are like 1k which is normal but as it cycles off, the rpms drop way pass the normal ~750rpm and it shudders almost stalling. not all the time but definately happens so i'm sure something is not quite right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJSIbsSnFdw]YouTube - 2008 legacy 2.5i se 5mt, idle drop, shudder issue.[/ame]

there was a thread about reflashing the 2.5i 5mt. about rpm's spiking on occasion or weird idle which mine does too along with the rpm's dipping. if all those that have the 2.5i 5mt could take note if they have this issue too!

Archived