LegacyGT.com

Clutch problem!!!!!

Yesterday my car was running fine when i was driving from LA to Orange County, but all of a sudden my clutch pedal got a lot softer and the pedal starts to vibrate when i push it down to change gears. NO SLIPPING, not even a little. Now today i drove my car and now the clutch slips like NO OTHER! my car still moves but barely. I understand that clutches go out over time, but the i got no warning signs at all. usually the clutch starts to slip little by little, mine just took a shit out of no where while i was driving. Do i need to just replace the clutch and thats the end of it, or is there a bigger issue here than just the clutch. BTW the dealer said 1400 bucks to change the clutch out !WTF! Luckly i got a mechanic friend that will do it for 750. What do you guys think?

mine didn't smell bad. just went out. similiar to yours. i was starting out from a stop light and it was like I mis-shifted into 3rd gear. I made it home, but I couldn't go anywhere after that.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Was that 1400 with a new POS OEM clutch ?

Your buddy, is that with a clutch set up ?

Search the forum, your'll find lots of options. I like my Spec 2+ and LWFW. Going on over 35,000 miles it will still churp tires in 2nd gear.

Check out the top of the transmission forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No big deal on a Subaru - drop the gearbox and replace the clutch, reinstall gearbox.

The sloppiest thing is that the oil will drain when you take off the driveshaft.

If he had done it on a RWD car before it's not much different.

Lifting the engine is the complicated way to do it.

453747.png

Archived