LegacyGT.com

Very Bad Exp. w/ Puente Hills Subaru

lirandy

***IF YOU WANT TO NEGOTIATE, STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP***

Cut the whole story short. I was trying to make a deal with their fleet manager on a 2008 WRX. I was trying to ask him for some rough numbers so that I could have a brief idea on the interest rate, my trade-in...etc & I wouldn't waste anyone's time. He asked me to go to their dealership so that they could provide me more numbers in detail and checked out the car. I agreed and have made an appointment with him today. When I was there, the fleet manager was gone to SD without notice and sent other sales staff to help. I was like :huh: But anyways, we still sat down and gave them the information they needed. I've already told them that what information I wanted to know. After 5-10 mins, their GM came and threw me a ridiculous monthly payment and kept asking me what monthly payment was in my mind. I was like, how about you give me back my car key and I would be outta here. He ignored what I've said. I just gave him a number that I want. He walked away, handed me back the car key and threw me, "Do you know you're wasting our time!?" I was like WTF!!?? :furious: I have been telling you guys that I didn't want to come and now you were blaming me that I wasted your time?!! Should I just take whatever price you give me? I definitely WILL NOT go to this dealership again :mad: and hope no one else would get this kinda treated again after seeing my experience.

i say we all plan something, go to the dealership at different time and express that we want to buy, then just leave, tell them they are wating our time...see how they like it

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I've bought and sold no less than 5 cars in the last 5 years, all private-party used-car experiences. Stories like and my own personal experiences @ dealerships make me never want to buy a brand-new car again-- unless it's a Ferrari from the Wynn dealership. :D

Edit: I do agree with others, though. Each sales trip to South Coast & Irvine have been absolutely pleasant.

I've been in sales for a while and that is one thing I would NEVER say to a customer.

EXACTLY!! You can trash-talk as much as you want behind the customers. Right at your customers!? That was absolutely rude and unprofessional!!

+1 and call SOA to complain ;D

I tried, but I just found out they didn't hand me any bus. cards. And I was too pissed enough not to recall their names! ><

This is a newer dealership, sure, but they've been around for about, what, 2 years now?

Don't they realize this kind of BA turns people away? Shouldn't corporate know by now, based on customer feedback & satisfaction scorecards?

F*** Puente Hills, buncha liars. When I bought my 08 STI, they said I could choose either $7k off OR 0% interest, not both. So I went somewhere else, while every other dealership ahd no problem with the deal that SUBARU was offering.

SOUTH COAST SUBARU FTW.

they might just be asses to the younger crowd who i would assume would be more interested in their performance models

thye might be really nice to families looking at the tribeca? haha i don't know that's the only explanation i can really think of.

EXACTLY!! You can trash-talk as much as you want behind the customers. Right at your customers!? That was absolutely rude and unprofessional!!

I tried, but I just found out they didn't hand me any bus. cards. And I was too pissed enough not to recall their names! ><

Go back and politely ask them for their names. Then walk away with evil laughter. Done.

Anyway, I still found a complaint to SOA and still waiting for their reply. Will keep you guys posted!~

Just got a reply from SOA today, and here's how they replied:

Dear Mr. Li:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for taking the time to contact us. I am sorry to hear of your negative sales experience at Puente Hills Subaru.

On behalf of Subaru of America, I would like to apologize for your experience. We are sincerely interested in assuring that our customers receive the best possible service from all Subaru dealers.

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. I have created a service request on your behalf and documented your concerns. The service request will be logged into our system from which reports are created monthly. This information is sent to our regional offices that work directly with our dealers.

Please feel free to contact me if you have anymore concerns. You can contact me at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783). Please refer to your service request # provided in the subject line of this email.

Best wishes,

Charles Ballard

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

It sounded very typical CS styled to me - just apologize and set the complaint aside and forget about it. What do you guys think? Do you guys think they would really look into it?

Yea well back when I wrote complaints to SOA about Balboa and later Kearny Mesa Subaru years ago, same b.s. emails. If you really want attention, call/email teh BBB and/or get multiple owners to complain.

BTW, did you ever call back the main guy at the dealer with whom you were originally SUPPOSED to deal? If so, what did he say?

Just got a reply from SOA today, and here's how they replied:

Dear Mr. Li:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for taking the time to contact us. I am sorry to hear of your negative sales experience at Puente Hills Subaru.

On behalf of Subaru of America, I would like to apologize for your experience. We are sincerely interested in assuring that our customers receive the best possible service from all Subaru dealers.

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. I have created a service request on your behalf and documented your concerns. The service request will be logged into our system from which reports are created monthly. This information is sent to our regional offices that work directly with our dealers.

Please feel free to contact me if you have anymore concerns. You can contact me at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783). Please refer to your service request # provided in the subject line of this email.

Best wishes,

Charles Ballard

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

It sounded very typical CS styled to me - just apologize and set the complaint aside and forget about it. What do you guys think? Do you guys think they would really look into it?

Archived