LegacyGT.com

Whiteline roll center kit on a stock car?

Dark-V

Pretty soon I am going to be installing some new LCA bushings and I was wondering about the ball joints. If there is play in them and I need to replace them, are they any upgraded ones? I want to increase the feel in the steering wheel and steering response.

All I've found is the Whiteline kit (the only one that actually replaces the ball joints and not add onto stock ones) which replaces the ball joints and tie rod ends. I'm currently on a completely stock suspension and I know that lowering a car would result in a lowered roll center (which is bad) and the Whiteline kit raises it back up, but what would happen if the kit was put on a stock car, effectively raising the roll center from stock?

Since I'm going to have the Lower Control Arms off, I wanted to do it right and upgrade what I can. I do plan on lowering a small amount way further down the road, but as of right now my LCA bushings are torn and need replacement.

All I've found by searching is people with lowered cars. I just want to improve steering feel and response, and if my ball joints need replacement, I'd like to get stronger/firmer ones.

Here's a link to the Whiteline kit:

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-1472/Whiteline-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

And install:

http://www.globalperformanceparts.com/fitting_instructions/KCA313.pdf

Sorry for the late reply. We've done a bunch of the LCA bushings at our shop (AZP Installs) and 9/10 times the ball joints need to be replaced. I would just get stock replacements if you don't plan to lower your car at some point. If you are planning on lowering or upgrading at a later date, the whiteline roll center kit is nice. I have it installed on my car.

Shoot me a PM if you need/want more details.

-mike

Paisan, changed my PM settings, sorry.

Also, the whiteline kit is a full replacement kit for the tie rod ends and LCA ball joints. They effectively raise the roll center higher because lowering your car lowers the roll center. My question was what kind of effects of making the roll center higher on a stock car.

I am eventually (a WHILE from now) lower my car a bit on coils, but I'm pulling my LCA's off anyway so I wanted to upgrade what I could.

Archived