LegacyGT.com

(Cal) Looking For a Tune!

eg95og

I live in the Bay Area and looking for a reputable tuner and I have an AP so I'm not sure if they use that to tune or not. Im willing to travel down to L.A. if I have to, not looking to have my car explode after and prefer the best. Anyone have recommendations of who to go to? Roughly what are costs as well...

Off topic question, I have an Invidia DP im going to run with the accessport stage 1 or 2 should I use the O2 sensor adapter (mechanical fix?) http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/pict/2603937447398080_1.jpg

I live in the Bay Area and looking for a reputable tuner and I have an AP so I'm not sure if they use that to tune or not. Im willing to travel down to L.A. if I have to, not looking to have my car explode after and prefer the best. Anyone have recommendations of who to go to? Roughly what are costs as well...

Off topic question, I have an Invidia DP im going to run with the accessport stage 1 or 2 should I use the O2 sensor adapter (mechanical fix?) http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/pict/2603937447398080_1.jpg

I'm not sure if Shamar offers AP tunes. Yimi and HB support OS and AP tuning.

Once you get a tune done for your car, you really don't need to keep switching maps, therefore, you don't really need the ap.

That statement is true for most AP users. I'm one of those that do not swap maps unless my daily driver map is updated. Swapping maps with an opensource tune should be just as simple as the AP. With that being said, I have thought about getting rid of my APv2 and having an OS tune done for the car.

One tip I always give...get a wideband O2 sensor, learn how to log, and learn how to check your tune to ensure it's safe (no matter who does it). LtBlue has a sticky on how to check knock/pre-det. You can check AFRs as well with the wideband (cannot do that with stock sensor under load/wide open throttle...not accurate).

Archived