LegacyGT.com

More Thoughts on the 2010 Legacy

They are missing a bunch of cars too, and their base prices are higher than the dealers website.

Where is the 361hp G8? it costs 29K

Their prices are higher than the websites because they are including destination. Manufacturers often advertise base price with a notation for destination.

"Keep in mind, too, that a car’s base price always includes the unavoidable destination fee, so brand-new models like the Nissan 370Z aren’t included because they actually cost more than the advertised base price."

Don't know why the G8 isn't on the list. It did 0-60 in 5.2 and the quarter mile in 13.8, So it would have ranked one place ahead of the Legacy.

And I still don't buy it, I think the extra hp in the STI more than compensates for the shift

the 09 wrx is underrated power wise

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is strictly linear acceleration from a dead stop. and it's not my STI. The 08-09 STI is slower 0-60 than the previous car(evo is the same way). The extra shift in the STI loses enough time to the new 09 wrx that it isn't as quick off the line. The 2009 wrx is a beast. it received the summer tires (not as good as STI's) and the Sti's turbo vanes in a new housing. The 2009 wrx motor is the one in 2010 Legacy GT. It will be making the same HP but more torque than the wrx.

0-60/quater mile

Car and driver:

4.7s/13.5s @ 102 mph WRX

5.0s/13.5s @ 103 mph STI

Motortrend:

4.8s/13.5s @ 101.4 mph WRX

4.8s/13.4s @ 100.4 mph STI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

saw this when searched for jdm 2010 legacy

http://www.autospies.com/images/users/Jordanski/main/2010-Subaru-Legacy-1.jpg

They mention the engines for JDM market and apparently they are dropping the 2.0 twin scroll turbo, which is the tax bracket for Japanese buyers. What the hell are they thinking? Haven't they noticed that there is a bit of a recession going on? people will not want to pay larger car tax.

It is also a lot wider than previous models. If you ever saw Japanese streets you would understand why is it a problem. Not sure why they need these wheel archers. It's just kills Legacy's space efficiency.

This Legacy will kill Subaru sales in Japan.

Used legacies will be flying off the dealers though. I think used car dealers were very happy when they saw this.

I do not know JDM market but it is possible that USM Camry does not sell at all because it is not offered.

USM Accord does not sell in Europe or JDM because Accord for ROW is Acura TSX, much smaller car similar to 2005-9 Legacy.

Krzys

I do not know JDM market but it is possible that USM Camry does not sell at all because it is not offered.

USM Accord does not sell in Europe or JDM because Accord for ROW is Acura TSX, much smaller car similar to 2005-9 Legacy.

Krzys

http://toyota.jp/camry/index.html :confused:

http://www.honda.co.jp/INSPIRE/ :confused:

The Crown is also wider.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had checked out the 2010 legacy at the ny auto show earlier this week. One of the reps there mentioned that the car was only 50lbs heavier than the 2009 model. She didn't say whether it was specifically for the 2.5i, the GT or the new 3.6 though.

I have to say that the car is a lot roomier than before. The driver has a lot more leg room, width wise. The backseats has enough room for people to move their feet around which is a plus. I don't like the look of the car has changed - plus, the handbrake is now an electronic one that is on the dash, to the left the steering wheel.

I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Pictures: [ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/maverickx14/sets/72157616993653932/]NY Auto Show 2009 - a set on Flickr[/ame]

I see no impending doom whatsoever, with the new styling. Yes it's drastic: but all new cars are. It always takes people a while to "catch on" ... this is why designers are good at what they do.

The caveat I suppose is that Subarus have never particularly been pretty. The 2005 was very nice when it came out, but you know what? I've been on NASIOC since 2000, and when the first images came out, there was just as much animosity. It's always the same thing.

If it's a truly good design, we'll grow into it in no time. If it's a catastrophic failure, then we'll see a quick revision in 1-2 years, that's more involved than the typical facelift.

I see no impending doom whatsoever, with the new styling. Yes it's drastic: but all new cars are. It always takes people a while to "catch on" ... this is why designers are good at what they do.

The caveat I suppose is that Subarus have never particularly been pretty. The 2005 was very nice when it came out, but you know what? I've been on NASIOC since 2000, and when the first images came out, there was just as much animosity. It's always the same thing.

If it's a truly good design, we'll grow into it in no time. If it's a catastrophic failure, then we'll see a quick revision in 1-2 years, that's more involved than the typical facelift.

Can you link these? I could not find much animosity, perhaps except bashing (rightly so) the Canadian bumpers.

Guest heightsgtltd
I wasn't on the boards then as I joined in 05 after it had been out for a bit already. I would assume people saw the 05 as a very nice upgrade from the 04..

Archived