LegacyGT.com

Rate my $59 wheels

I don't like them to much maybe a 2-3 on looks alone. Thank Blago that winter here in Chicago my car is covered in salt for about five months of the year so they are hard to notice. I couldn't pass on the price and with the money I saved means my investments get some good attention and I can still retire at 52 years old while all the suckers are still working for ten plus years. I will prob swap wheels back to the stock ones this Sat., I'm glad Spring is here.

I don't really like them just could not see spending 2k on wheels tires when the stock ones look great. This is the latest in the year that I have had them on.

I hear ya, but you probably could have found some used LGT stockers for the winter for just as cheap?

+1 for all that matters is what YOU think, not what others think. That being said I'm not a huge fan.

I went with the MB Gears for my winter/track rims:

http://www.jasbone.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=106843&g2_serialNumber=1

I paid about $750 for the set and got a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-O1r (the top of the line Potenza street tire) for $200 total (for all 4). Do you know what those weight compared to the stockers?

Again all that matters is that you're happy with them...

(and yes, I know the back needs to be lowered, I broke my ankle right after the install so I haven't had time to fix it yet!)

^^^^ I can tell they are heavier than the stock ones by maybe 5-10 lbs each. Your set up is what I want if $$$ was not an issue, great wheels! I pretty much wanted a 10-12 thin spoke wheel. But after considering the cost of four kids and all the $$$$ I have put into already and the fact that here in Chicago you maybe have a clean car for one full day between November and March. I really didn't care the way they looked. I was running the stock tires in a pretty big snow storm Dec 2006... was driving about 30-35 left lane and whooosh... no gas no brake the car went sideways. My front bumper nearly hit the center concrete divider and I stopped facing traffic in the left shoulder. That next morning I bought what you se today. Great tires grip is good road noise is a bit much on dry pavement but the set-up works. Hey looks like you have a fog lamp mod?? Yeah looks like your braking hard in the picture. Hows the ride with the lower springs?

I don't really like them just could not see spending 2k on wheels tires when the stock ones look great. This is the latest in the year that I have had them on.

For 2 grand into new wheels & tires your still not getting great wheels. I understand everyone has a certain budget but truth be told....any set of wheels around 1 grand are cheap quality. After saying that however, cheap 1000 dollar wheels are still better then stock.

Archived